The Decision

We sat in the living room on the edge of our seats, the week was up and Erica sat ready to make a decision. She twirled her phone in one hand while her chin rested in the other. She sighed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I mumbled. She shook her head and I pushed back into the chair studying her body language. I nodded and stood up, walking towards the kitchen.

"Siri, call Doctor Farling." Erica 's voice was confident and somewhat emotionless.

"Calling Doctor Farling." Siri's electronic voiced bounced off the thing walls. Erica had left speakerphone off so I stood and watched nervously. I wanted to hear what he had to say but I knew it wasnt in my place to.

"Hi, yes, I'm calling for Doctor Farling." There was a slight murmur from the other end of the line.

"Y-yeah." There was murmuring again.

"Hi, Doctor Farling, yeah I-I think I want the surgery... Mhm... yes I understand... yes... alright, tomorrow morning... yup... alright thanks Doctor I- yeah... alright thank you again, Doctor... yes... thanks have a good one... yep, bye." Almost five minutes the conversation lasted before she put her phone down on the table. I remained silent and watched as she stood up and made her way towards me, hand outstretched. I took it and pulled her in.

"You knew you were going to go through with the surgery the entire week, huh?" Her body shook and I felt warm tears soak my thin T-shirt. I pulled her body close and sighed. Erica's hands gripped tightly to my sides as she continued to cry. I gently kissed the top of her head and nuzzled my forehead into her soft hair.

"I'm scared." Her soft voice was muffled my my shirt. I traced my fingers across her back and shoulders as we stood there. Her tears dropped to the wood floor in the silence that hung darkly in the air. I pulled her away and knelt down slightly wrapping my arm around her legs and lifted her up. I felt Erica's arms wrap around my neck and her head nuzzled into my shoulder, her tears soaked in. I walked towards the couch, grabbing a blanket on the way, and sat down covering the two of us. She sniffled.

"Max?" Her voice was weak and quiet, her head still nuzzled up against mine. I breathed taking one of her hands in mine.

"Yes, Ri?" I asked pressing my forehead lightly into her hair. She took a deep breath and nuzzled closer.

"I love you." Erica's breath made the hair on my neck stand up.

"I know, Ri. I love you two."

A/N: Sorry about the short chapter!!! I had to out something before the final chapter that'll be coming before the end of next week. Im excited for you guys to read it ive been working on it for a while and I hope y'all will like it! Ttyl loves xoxo!