Chapter 1 - The Begining of the First Day

My first time writing a story so I hope it's not to sucky guys. Fingers crossed ^_^

_________________

Skylar's P.O.V

Beep, beep, beep, beep.

My eyes shot open. "Oh God, why?" I groaned as my alarm clock went off waking me, from my Francisco Lachowski filled dream.

Quickly getting out of bed, I shuffled over to my nightstand to shut off the annoying sound that had began to fill the whole room.

Knock. Knock.

"Come in," was all that I managed to mutter out, before my bedroom door was quickly swung open by none other than my mother, who was standing in the doorway with a tray full of some of my favorite breakfast foods.

As she began to walk over to me, her brown, curly hair that hung just below her shoulders swayed from side to side; with just a few loose strands of her hair resting on her light brown skin, and dangling in front of her vibrant, hazel eyes.

Once she reached the spot I was standing, she rested the tray with the delectable food items on my bed. Then she turned to me and pulled me into one of her bone crushing hugs, which usually felt like she was trying to smother me to death.

As she pulled back from the hug with her dainty, hands still resting on my shoulders, she smiled and said "I just came up to bring your first - day breakfast before I head out for work. Are you ready for your first day back at school honey?" In the most cheerful voice ever.

"Definitely not! School starting again means that I'm actually gonna have to wake up early. Plus, I'm gonna have to start studying and doing homework again. Uuugh!"

"Come on Skylar I'm sure school is not that bad."

"Well you guessed wrong." I said in a hushed tone to avoid my mom from hearing.

"What did you just say?" She replied. I guess my whispering wasn't as hushed as I thought it was.

"Nothing!" I quickly replied.

She then began to exit my room, but not before turning around to say, "Have a good first day at school sweetheart."

Once I heard the front door of the house slam shut I knew that she had left to go to the hospital where she worked, as a pediatric oncologist.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, the scent of eggs, bacon and pancakes suddenly filled my nostrils and made me remember the reason for my mom coming to my room. Breakfast!

Which in our house is a tradition that my mom has been doing ever since, I was little. Every time it was the first day of school, she would always wake me up with my favorite breakfast and wish me a good first day of school before she would head off for work.

As the aroma of food entered my nostrils once again, this time I was determined to not let my thoughts distract me. So, I sprinted over to the place my mom had left the tray, grabbed a fork and immediately dug into the various foods on the plate. Yea, I'm a little greedy, don't judge.

*******************

After finishing off the last bite of my breakfast, I looked at the clock and noticed it was 7 am already. Upon seeing this, I put the now empty tray on my nightstand and quickly raced off to the bathroom. On the journey there, my feet got into a fight with one another, which resulted in me falling face first on my hard wood floors."Ow!" I yelled as the pain began to consume my forehead.

"What a way to start the day off," I said to myself as I laid there on the floor.

Eventually, I pushed myself up off of the ground and warily made my way into the bathroom to perform my daily hygiene routine.