Chapter 5 - Helga Who?

Skylar's P.O.V

Returning from what I assumed to be a state of shock, he bent down and warily retrieved the black, aluminum arrow from the ground. Gripping the arrow tightly in his enormous hands, he began walking over in strides from the other side of the gym to the spot that I had been glued to. Which due to his long, muscular legs took him little or no time.

As we stood face to face, I took in his appearance. His face was flushed and droplets of sweat rolled down his pale skin, which was probably a result of him playing soccer. Which was no surprise due to the fact that we had some of the best teen soccer players in the world at our school and when they played they took no mercy on anyone.

There was also a semblance of anger on his face, but as I looked in his eyes I could see a glint of mischief. Which made me avert my gaze from his beautiful blues. Then my attention was drawn to his tall, muscular body that was adorned with a pair of black basketball shorts, the school's phys ed shirt and a pair of soccer cleats.

Pulling me out of my scrutiny of his gorgeous body, he said "Ya know, I look even better without the shirt on." He smugly replied, with that signature smirk on his face showing off a pair of deep dimples. That I had never noticed until now.

What the hell? Is this guy bi-polar, because he was just angry, now he's flirting with me?

"Nah, I think I'm good." I replied sourly.

Clutching his chest he fakes hurt and says "Uhhh, that really hurt I think I need a-"

"Can I just have my arrow back now?" I interrupted hastily.

"Still feisty I see." He replied.

Tired of his flirting I took matters into my own hands and  reached over to grab the arrow from his hand. However, instead of obtaining my arrow I ended up nearly falling due to him retracting his hand just as I was about to reach the arrow.

"I think you owe me an apology before you can get this back." He said while twirling the arrow in his right hand, in between his long, nimble fingers.

Apology. Who does he think he is? I don't owe anyone anything. This dude is totally starting to get on my nerves. First, he's a total jerk in math class and now he won't give me my arrow. What is with this kid? Why can't he just leave me alone and go bother Megan or Ashley or some other slutty girl in school. He is totally starting to piss me off and I am not going to let some guy I just met ruin my first day back at school.

"Don't hold your breath." I replied in annoyance and disbelief of what he had just asked.

Noticing that I really was not going to give him an apology he said, "Fine since I'm obviously not getting an apology the least you could do is give me your name and number." Taking a go at his second attempt to get my number.

After thinking it through I realized that this situation could either go two ways. One, I could let my anger get the best of me and just tell him to F*** off and just not get my arrow back. Or two I could have a little fun with this douche, plus get my arrow back.

Drum roll please, I think we have a winner, number two it is.

Setting my plan in motion, I walked closer to him. Us now being less than arm's length away, I smiled the fakest but most genuine looking smile ever and then said "Fine, I give up I couldn't fake disliking such a hot guy as yourself any longer."

The biggest smirk then came across his face and his eyes showed an ominous look. "I knew you couldn't resist. No girl in their right mind could resist me. So, now that we've discovered you are head over heels for me, wanna get going on that name and number the bell is going to ring soon." He replied nonchalantly.