In The Dark

• Dedicated to Grace

This is the prologue... If you like it, VOTE, COMMENT, FAN. If you don't tell me why. I'll really appreciate the feedback.  Ignore any mistakes, will edit later...

Prologue

He stared straight into my eyes. His gaze was intense, as though peering into my soul. He examined me intently, like he was memorizing my every feature. I swallowed the lump in my throat. I wondered for a moment whether he could see the lie in my eyes.

“So… This is it?”

I wanted to shout, “No!” but her face emerged in my mind, No matter how much I wanted to protest, there was no hope in the beginning. It did not matter whether or not she had appeared in the picture. It was time for… the final goodbye.

I closed my eyes shut and spoke. “Yes.” That single word was spoken so softly that I was not certain whether he could hear me.

He nodded and I thought I saw a trace of sadness and pain in his eyes before it turned cold again.

“I thought so. But bear in mind, I’ll always come back for you.” For a moment, he looked vulnerable and the raw emotion on his face shocked me to the core.

With his final words echoing in my head, he turned to walk away. I watched him until he finally faded into the darkness.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I know this is short, but I'm really busy, with a new school and all that. Hopefully will upload nxt week. No guarantees...