Chapter Four- Danger lurking

EDITED VERSION ONE

Chapter 4-Danger lurking

I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said, I'll never let you go

When all those shadows almost killed your ligh

tI remember you said, Don't leave me here alone

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight...

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe & sound...

Don't you dare look out your window darling;

Everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold onto this lullaby

Even when the music's gone, gone

(Taylor Swift Safe and Sound)

Ethan’s POV

Her words stung me. It cut through me like a knife. It was the same exact words that she had said a year ago. I know the truth! I wanted to scream at her. You were trying to protect me when you told me to get lost!

Why was she doing that to me now? I pondered, turning away from her and walked briskly in the direction so that she would not see the expression on my face. Did I drift too close to her? Or she had already…

No. I shook my head immediately, feeling guilty about the thoughts that ran through my mind. She still loved me. I can see it in her eyes.

However… There was something off with her today. Sorrow, desperation and confusion. If it was John that did something to her…

I clenched my fist, tight until it hurt. If he ever dared to truly hurt her, he is dead. I could guarantee it.

I came back home, dark clouds literally forming above my head. I stormed up the stairs, the luxury of my house disgusted me. I would choose Michelle over everything I possess.

“Don’t worry, Michelle.” I stared at the photo of both of us smiling happily. “I promise you will be back by my side again I get rid of her…”

Sighing heavily, I stowed the photo back underneath my pillow and switched on the television. The news came on. I stared at the screen, puzzled. News was usually not shown at this time, unless there was breaking news. What had happened?

To my immense shock and horror, Michelle’s face, tears streaking down her cheeks filled the entire television screen. I quickly turned up the volume.

“Michelle Robinson, what do you have to say about your father disappearing without a trace?” A blond reporter shoved a microphone underneath Michelle’s mouth and flashes momentarily blinded the screen.

She hesitated and then spoke, her voice evidently trembling. “I hope that if my dad’s kidnappers are out there, please! Please let him go! We can afford whatever amount of money you want, but please let him return home safe and sound!”

The reporter turned to the camera. “Now, police and private investigator, Mr Eric, has condoned the house to search for clues and evidence, hoping to get some leads of his disappearance. Currently, Mrs Robinson is—”

I switched off the television and flopped back onto the bed, groaning out of frustration, disbelief and anger. And worry, for Michelle. Although her father hardly cared for her and ignored her, I know that deep down in her heart she still loved him, despite of what he did the other time…