O N E

above is Katherine's look for this chapter 

I stepped out into the warm post-summer and pre-prison air. I couldn't believe how short the break was; it felt like two months were two minutes. After retrieving my backpack and purse, I locked my Mercedes up and trekked into the gates of hell- high school. Even though I smiled at students walking beside me, I felt completely dead inside. The only thing keeping me alive was my beautiful boyfriend Shawn, my friends, and...that's it. Thinking of Shawn, I fixed my skirt and shirt in order to achieve perfection; nothing less for him. We haven't said the three words yet, but I know we'll get there. We were what's known as the 'it-couple.' Shawn and I were the most known couple in the group; girls envied me, guys wanted me. Vice-versa with Shawn.

     I walked up the stairs to my locker, which was a bit difficult due to my heels, and was about to open it when I felt a pair of hands loop around my waist.

     "Hey babe." I smiled at the familiar voice. "You excited for the first day of school?" I saw a couple of girls roll their STANK ASS eyes in my peripheral vision.

     I turned around to face him and rolled my eyes. "As if. What's your first class?" I asked as my hands played with his collar.

     "English. What about you?"

     "Ugh. I have math. But I'll see you at lunch?" I smiled hopefully.
     He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek with a "You bet" and walked off to his locker. GOT DAMN he was cute.

     On my way to my first period, I felt someone poking my shoulder. Turning around, I was greeted with my friend Raleigh.

     "Hey! I haven't seen you since school ended last year?" She laughed and moved us to the side of the hallway to get out of people's way. "Did you fall off the face of the earth?"

     "Okay, first of all, bitch, you never called me. I have zero desire to be the first to start plans twenty-four-seven."

     "Wow. Okay, it was a joke. Calm your tits."
     "Bebes lejía." (Drink bleach)

     Raleigh sighed. "Jesus. Can we have a conversation that doesn't involve you telling me to end my life in some kind of way? Anyway, I need to tell you something."

     "What?"
     She pulled me into the girls' bathroom, made sure no one was inside, and locked the door. I gave her a confused look. "Okay, this is gonna sound weird, but something's up with Shawn."
     The moment she said those four words, I felt chills down my spine and nausea.

"What do you mean? Is he hurt? Did he die?" I gasped. "Did he CHEAT? That motherfucking son of a BITCH I knew I shouldn't have trusted him that ASSHOLE WASTE OF OXYG-"

     "Good Lord. He didn't cheat. And no he didn't die. But...I saw something in his locker."

     "What suspicious thing could he have in his locker?" I heard the bell ring. "Okay, Raleigh, this will have to continue after school."

     She grabbed my arm. "Katherine, it's really important. You have to know before you go, please just listen." I sighed and nodded her on. She sighed before speaking. "I saw...I saw a bloody necklace on his locker shelf."

     I rolled my eyes. "Seriously? All that build up for that? It's probably his, for God's sake."

     "No. I'm telling you, it was Natalia's." My eyes widened. No one talked about what happened with her, everyone avoided the topic.

     After a moment of shock, I recovered and it was replaced with anger. "Wow, really? How dare you accuse my boyfriend of murder. You're a disgusting fake friend. Never, and I mean ever, talk to me again. Bitch." I yanked my arm out of her grasp, unlocked and threw the door open, and stomped to class.

How dare she? Shawn could never do anything to hurt anyone... right?

  make sure to like comment and subscribe