T E N : An Interchapter

The blaring alarm awoke the slumbering Sophoe from her depression nap at 6:00 AM- just in time to get ready for school. She grudgingly got up from her messy bed, took care of what barely passes as her hygiene, and poured herself a steaming hot cup'o tea. It's gonna be a good day today. Just kidding. That was funny. 

Sophoe then hopped in her car and made her way to school, making sure to pick up her friend on the way to give her a ride. 

"Hey Sophoe I know you get mad kinda easily but-"

"HUH? I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BUDDY YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR MOUTH BEFORE YOU CROSS A LINE THAT CANNOT BE UNCROSSED" Sophoe aggressively said, 2.3 seconds into her friend's statement. 

"Oh it's just that I would really appreciate it if you didn't play Nintendo Switch the whole ride. It's just like, I feel like we should be talking instead of on our technology, you know? Oh and also you're kind of driving so my entire livelihood is in your violently shaking hands which are currently holding your Nintendo" Emoly said, her voice trembling with each word.

"You're right," Sophoe said. "I'm sorry. But I can't stop playing this. I'm sorry. It's too late," she cried, her car suddenly swerving into the opposite lane of traffic, narrowly avoiding a deadly accident. "Did something just happen? The road felt fast and more horizontal for a second there."

"Nope. All's good. We're fine," Emoly said, her hands gripping the steering wheel. 

The two arrived at school, and Emoly bolted out of the vehicle at warp speed. Sophoe, in case someone were to break in and steal her Nintendo Switch, pulled out the safe in her trunk and hot-glued her pride and joy inside of the safe, swallowing the key, whole, shortly after.

"Gotta be safe!" She looked toward nothing in particular and gave an eerie smile paired with a thumbs up.  A few more girls bolted away. 

Sophoe walked in school, trash flowing out of her backpack, with a grin. Although there were immense amounts of pain in her eyes, most people tried not to look into them. She climbed the stairs to the lockers with great effort, and met her friends, sitting on the floor, like the scum that they are. 

"Hey Sophoe," said Amelia, Kentitty, and Saveenah. 

"Hey guys! Isn't it a bummer that two of our friends are dead. That kinda sucks man. But lemme tell you, I was watching Bobby Flay last night at 3 AM, and-" before she could finish her story about something or other that happened in the underwhelming cooking show featuring a middle-aged man who is apparently adequate at cooking, her heart literally gave out. Right there. She was sitting on the floor, and her heart gave out. Probably because she started talking about Bobby Flay. Honestly, who knows- it really could've been anything. To elaborate, the blood literally stopped flowing in her body and she died- right there on the floor of her school hallway. 

Her friends continued to talk to her, because this actually happened all the time. 

"For God's sake, how many times are we gonna have to look at her lifeless body slumped on these nasty ass floors?" complained Saveenah, while looking intently at something probably offensive on her phone. 

"Just give it a few minutes. If we all just pray, maybe she'll stay this way," added Kentitty.

"No! That's so mean! Let's pray she comes back," said Amelia. But under her breath,  Amelia added "I swear to God if this little shit comes back I'm gonna kill someone-"

"HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Sophoe gasped finally, breathing that Fresh Air. "Hey guys."

"Son of a BITCH!" Amelia kicked over the nearby trash can, injuring a student in the process. 

Each person in the hallway gaped at the use of her swear word- the first one Amelia had ever used in her entire life. It was a milestone.

Sophoe again looked toward nothing in particular, complete with the haunting smile and thumbs up, and said "Well, I guess I'm in it for the long run, huh guys?" 

thank you for reading this literal piece of garbage 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE I LOVE YOU