Chapter 7

I woke up in the dark. I felt cold metal under my hands and legs. I could see bars surrounding me on all sides. Starting to panic I push myself up to the bars and try to push away what's covering my cage. Black fabric falls away and I see other cages, also covered dark fabric. I seem to be in a train cargo car. There's dim light filtering through grimy brown windows.

How was I taken from the manor?

How did I not hear them?

Why didn't Sebastian save me?

These thoughts race through my mind, along with many others. The bars on my cage are close together, I could never squeeze through, not even as a cat. I slump against the bars and close my eyes. I try to clear my brain of panicked thoughts. Where am I, What will whoever they do to me, and how will I escape. These are the most important things to surface from my muggy brain.

The rumble of the train stops suddenly. I wait, and soon a door slides open and a man steps up to my cage.

"You weren't supposed to wake up." He growls in an American accent. I shrink away from his hand as he tries to stick a needle in my arm.

"Stay still bitch." he snaps.

I hiss at him, my ears flatting and tail fluffs up and start trashing around. He roughly grabs my arm and sticks the needle in. "You are mine, don't forget." He growled in my ear as he turns away. I feel drowsy. I feel the train start moving again. I relax my muscles and drift into a troubled sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~