Chapter 23: The Match (Unedited)

Narrator POV...

Satsuki got in the middle of Katsumi and Muraskibara. They were having an unofficial match against one vs five with a substitute. The GoM vs Katsumi. Satsuki threw the ball up and quickly got out of the way. Murasakibara got the ball first because he was taller and because Katsumi didn't put any effort to get the ball.

He ran right to Katsumi's hoop but that was the wrong move. She secretly got the ball from the titan and made the first basket. Right there on the spot without jumping. "You should know better Murasakibara," She got into her defense position getting ready for anything to come. "You should rely on your teammates more."

This made the titan riled up. Never had he once heard anything like that in his life. "Get ready because I'm going harder than ever." This made Aomine ears perked up. He couldn't believe that Katsumi was going to give it her all because she never did that before when she was playing against him. 

'Aomine, I hope you won't get the wrong idea. This time I'm going to play 50% and not 20 so get ready.' Katsumi thought as she looks at the ball being passed to Aomine by Kuroko. Akashi was silently observing the game as he tried his best to figure out what or how strong she really is.

Aomine got the ball and was getting ready to run pass Katsumi but he knew he had to be extra careful. It was his first time seeing or experiencing 50%. he was now right in front of Katsumi. He moved left then right and left again and turned his back to face her body. He did this technique many times and it always worked but today, she wasn't having any of it.

She disappeared right in front of his eyes along with the ball he was bouncing. No one could see her but they could only hear the ball bouncing. It wasn't like her o use all of her cards in the beginning of the game but today she wanted to show them some sympathy. After all, they had a full week of training and three days later, they will have to participate in the finals against Maiko Junior High.

Katsumi finally showed herself performing a dunk using 35% of her strength. Muraskibara didn't have te chance to even move an inch because ethe ball already went through. 'You've gotten better Aomine but not enough to beat me.'

She landed on her two feet without making a sound and ran back to her side of the court. "Don't forget to pass the ball." Was the last thing she said in the whole first quarter and maybe the rest of the game. Katsumi kept on scoring after scores and when Satsuki blew the whistle to signalise that  it was the end of the first quarter. 

78-0. Katsumi scored 78 points and the GoM got none. The miracles formed a circle and started to discuss what will be happening later on while Satsuki went to have a small chat with her younger twin.

"it's obvious that Kuroko is of no use, nanodayo." Midorima says straightforwardly. Even though he is a tsundere himself, he will do anything to win. "He already participated in a full quarter and all of his energy has been drained it is best for him to sit out." Akashi looked at Kuroko's body. You can see his spirit leaving his body as he lies on the floor.

"Aomine, what have you observed from playing with Momoi?" He turns to Aomine hoping he will have any ideas. "Tch, she never played 50% against me or even in her whole life. This is the first time she's ever using most of the moves I never saw before."

"Yeah, ssu!" Kise joins in. "I can not copy her moves no matter how hard I try ssu!" Kise says. "She got by my defense." Muraskibara said in his corner. While the GoM were talking about Katsumi, Akashi was trying his best to divide up a play. He was going to play in the next quarter and the rest.

"Akashi-kun," Satsuki made her way up to him. He looks up to her and waited fro what she has to say. "Nee-chan says it is best to drop the two quarters and only do the other two." She got straight to the point.

Akashi looked at Katsumi who dribbling the ball randomly. He nodded his head wondering what she had up her sleeve. 

The match returned and this time this is their last quarter to redeem themselves. Akashi had explained the whole situation to them and hoped his plan will work. His plan basically consists of winging it. the emperor not knowing what to do. Just what is Katsumi is planning.

'They need to learn how to play together to have the chance against me playing 50%. In the matter of fact, I'm not even using 50%. I've dropped down to 32%.' It was her plan all along. Having them work as a team or else later on when they finally blossom, they will leave everything behind. Especially their teammates and Kuroko. After all, Kuroko does need to have  a team to play with. He is a shadow and needs his light. The brighter the shadow the darker he becomes.

The game started and Katsumi got the first basket again. She was shooting less than the first quarter which started to make Akashi think that she was giving them mercy. He has the ball and walked right in front of her. 'Just what are you trying?' He thought. 

He looks at her every move but her defense was just too good. The best that he had ever seen. No wonder she said that she has everyone in the GoM's abilities. What she said was true. 'If I loose right now, I will be loosing to a person who has all of our powers, mine included. Then why am I trying so hard?' 

Akashi started to feel a strange new feeling overflowing his body. An energy that he never felt before. He actually smiled at the feeling and passed the ball to Midorima who was open. Midorima was a bit shocked but then regained his composure. He finally understands what she was trying to do all along but will they always be like this.

'You... Katsumi, has this been your plan all along. You really are filled with surprises.' Midorima shot a three-pointer on the actual line. 'So this is how you want us to play.' He finally understands what she was trying to do but why? Why is she teaching them that now?