Chapter 32: The Garden

Katsumi POV...

"I can never thank you enough." I bowed at Yuzuru-san and Misako-san. I had just got their names and I can't stop thanking them.

"There is no need to bow my dear. If those guys see you bowing to us thy would be wondering what kind of 'grandparents' we are." Misako-san says. Yuzuru Misako, the wife of Yuzuru Hakuseki is a lovely caring woman but if you get on her bad side she would act ruthlessly.

"She's right now stand up straight." Yuzuru Hakuseki, a cautious man who has close a relationship with the Akashi main branch and his company, Yuzuru Inc, is the second most powerful in Japan.

That reminds me, I shouldn't be talking. I'm supposed to be acting mute. But it's a bit too late. Suddenly, I felt someone snake their arm around my hip. "It's about time Seijuro." Mr Yuzuru says.

"Yes, I agree. How dare you leave a beautiful girl all alone." Mrs Yuzuru looked at him like a scolding mother.

"My apologies. Now if you will excuse us." With that, we left the couple.

We look at the dancing couples on the dance floor as we stayed at the side. People would occasionally come and speak to Akashi since they heard he was present. But while they spoke, my thoughts drifted away to Satsu-nee and the rest of the GoM.

I wonder how they are. Are they home? Did everything go well? I was worried about them until a glass was held up to me. "Miss, sparkling water?" A butler held up a tray of sparkling water for Akashi and I. I gladly took a glass and thanked the butler.

"You don't ever listen do you?" Akashi asks before taking a sip of the cool water. I wonder what he means. Oh right, he must be referring to me not being mute.

"Sorry." I said before taking a sip of my own glass.

"Come." He took my glass of sparkling water and place it on a tray of a passing butler. He didn't leave me with a choice and took me out of the ballroom.

~~♡~~

He took me outside to the garden. We can still hear the faint sound of music being played inside as we sat on an empty bench in the garden.

The garden was absolutely one of the best I have ever seen. The flowers look so happy and beautiful, the plants and the animals living here too. But one thing I wonder is why did Akashi lead me here.

"Akashi-kun, why are we here," I ask as I look up at the sky. The stars were out and they were so easy to see to. This night was a beautiful night. One of the best ever.

"To get away from conversations and to spend more time with you." He says as he looks at me. I looked at him stunned but all he did was smiled.

"Will you give me your next dance." He got up and went in front of me to extend his hand. This Akashi, it's so different. How many kinds of personalities can one person have? My heart starts to beat fast at every passing second. I place my hand right on top of his and smiled, joyfully.

He led me to an open area and got into position. Right when the music started, we danced in sync. "You're quite good. Have you danced before?" Akashi asks as he looks down at me.

"I got lessons from my mother. She always taught Satsu-nee and me everything about etiquette." I said with a warm smile on my face that you can see.

Narrator POV...

The moonlight shone on the two happy 'couple' as the danced. Akashi was tempted to tell Katsumi the truth of his feeling but it was incredibly hard for him. He had planned this day of telling her but its about to go to waste because he can't say anything at all.

All they did were staring into each other eyes completely unaware that the other person loves them. The song soon died out but both Akashi and Katsumi stayed in that position a bit longer, boring into each other's souls.

'This day might not have gone to plan but it is certainly one of the best days in my life.' Akashi thought before his body took control over his mind. He leant in and kiss Katsumi under the starry night sky.

Katsumi POV...

The kiss was such a surprise. Honestly, I don't know what to think now. It was slow and soft but it held many emotions. My life has been complete this very moment until I remembered that I made a promise to myself. A promise that I will forget about Akashi and only treat him as a friend.

"Katsumi, I love you." You're making this harder for me but I know what I must do. We live in separate worlds after all, and today proves it. That I do not belong in the same world as you. my love for you was not strong enough, I'm sorry.

I distant myself from Akashi and quickly ran away. The wind blew my hair as I ran off just like Cinderella. My masks fell instead of my shoe but I didn't bother. I had to get away from this place as soon as possible.

Tears trickle down my eyes as I clutch my gown tighter. I'm so sorry Akashi. Please forgive me. Please. I hope you will find someone worthy of being there by your side. I hope that you will get to fall in love once again. I hope you didn't fall in love with me, to begin with. I hope that you will forget about me. Sayonara Seijuro.

That night was the worst night of my life. The best and worst. I couldn't believe after all this time he loved me. He fell in love with the wrong person. Tears was pouring down my face and I didn't bother to wipe it. I pass through many people, servants but I didn't even dare to wipe my tears. All I did was lower my face so they won't see me.

But, today I got the first glimpse of what the world has to offer to me but I completely denied it. I could have lived happily with Akashi but I chose not to. Maybe fate didn't want us together, to begin with or it was just me. No, it was fate.