𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

────── ✾✾✾ ──────

────── ✾✾✾ ──────

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

────── ✾✾✾ ──────

"You have the heart of gold and the mind that so many others desire. You put others before yourself and have tried countless actions to defeat the Dark Army. You are the only one who has survived. For that, the Spirits choose you to become the next Seer, Guardian of the Chosen, and Keeper of Visions. Your duty will be to prepare the Chosen for what lies ahead of them. Good luck."

The young woman's eyes flashed open as she stared up at the night sky. Something she has grown used to. She slowly sat up and looked around at the emptiness around her. That emptiness was once filled with her followers only seconds ago. There were thousands of them. But that was before the Dark Army attacked. Now everyone was gone. Not a single person survived the latest attack. Umi was truly alone. She let the silence surround her until she thought back to the dream she had moments ago.

The voice she had heard was unfamiliar to her, and yet it felt as though she had heard it before. Umi had grown up with her people's stories about the natural spirits. It was said that they bestowed gifts upon a select few when the world was in danger. And the world couldn't be in more danger at that moment. Umi couldn't help but sit in the dead meadow wondering if it was real or if her mind was just playing tricks on her. She stayed there for what felt like an eternity before letting out a long sigh and rubbing her hands down the sides of her face. It wasn't long after that when the Zerrin woman got to her feet and walked in the direction the Dark Army went, knowing there was only one way to find out if the stories were true.

────── ✾✾✾ ──────

It was so cold. Colder than it had ever been. No one had seen the natural blue sky in decades. Darkness has ruled for the last fifty years. So many people have been lost at his hands. The same people who tried to stop the powerful man and his army. Their manmade defenses were never enough to go against the power his Dark Army had. They were always defeated in a matter of minutes...if they even lasted that long. No one had succeeded in stopping him.

Until one day when everything changed.

The world had enough of Adrien and his dark powers. And just like in the stories Umi was told, the natural spirits went to seek people worthy of their abilities. They chose six humans destined to control one of the natural elements. Earth, air, fire, water, flora, and electricity. The Chosen were selected based on their courage, selflessness, and how they faced the dangers of the world around them. Without the Chosen, all would be lost.

Now all Umi had to do was find them.

After five years of searching, the Seer finally found them all. Five people, three women and three men. And to Umi's delight, each one of them had mastered their art and met their spirit guides by the time she found them. All this happened only two months before. The only thing Umi had to do was bring them together and make them a team.

She couldn't fail. She wouldn't fail. She didn't fail.

────── ✾✾✾ ──────

It had been one thousand years since Umi was chosen to become the next Seer. One thousand years since the world was saved and one thousand years since Darkness had ruled the earth. One thousand years since Darkness was defeated and sent to the center of the Earth as his punishment by the elemental spirits. Many years have passed since Umi had family and friends. She couldn't remember how long it had been since she saw them last. All the people she learned to love and saved the world have passed.

It was just Umi left.

That was the curse that came with being the Seer. Once you were chosen to take on that role, you stopped aging and were forced to be the guide for every generation of Chosen Ones. That was until it was time for a new Seer to be selected. There was no way to know when this time was until minutes before it happened. That was the only thing Umi despised when it came to the abilities she was given. She had no one left to talk to, no one to care for, just her and her gift. The Zerrin woman was completely alone until the time came for the next Chosen.

The ones who saved the world from the corrupt were so humble and were always there for everyone. They listened to everything Umi told them to do for them to gain the power to save everyone and those they loved. It was obvious to everyone why they were selected to be the Chosen. They were everything right in the world. Now, all Umi did was sit in the rundown abandoned apartment building that she has called home for the past ten years. The Zerrin woman sat and waited for the world to be in danger again, not that she wanted that to happen. She just wanted to feel needed. And if she wanted that feeling again, she had to wait until the next generation of Chosen Ones needed to be found.

Out of nowhere, Umi got a splitting headache. Normally, she would be used to it. The Zerrin woman always got one before every vision. But this one was different. It felt like one million drums were beating inside of her head. The last time she had one this bad was one thousand years ago when Darkness rose for the first time. The pain soon became too much for her and she passed out on the old mattress in front of her.

When the world around here cleared, Umi's eyes fell on the five new heroes. They were fighting back against Adrien's shadow army, which seemed stronger than ever before. By the looks of the new Chosen, they are young and not very experienced. The girl who was leading them couldn't have been much older than the rest. That was very odd since the leader tended to be twice the age of the rest. Despite her hesitance, she led her team very well. But what shocked Umi the most was Darkness appearing in his new form, far more powerful than he had ever been before.

Umi's eyes flashed open and she blankly stared at the crumbling ceiling above her. Her thoughts swam around in her head like fish in a bowl. After she gathered herself, she slowly sat up and leaned against the wall behind her as she carefully shut her eyes. The Zerrin woman didn't know why Adrien was coming back now. All she knew was that the world was in more danger than she realized. She couldn't comprehend what was so important for him to return at this time. But Umi knew there was a good reason for him rising and she was determined to find out what it was.

Then a thought occurred to Umi that sent chills throughout her entire body. The world was in more danger than she realized. Because how were five children supposed to stop the Dark King? The Zerrin woman soon concluded that she wasn't going to be able to answer any of the questions bouncing around in her head. For now, she had to accept that she couldn't stop Adrien alone. She was never able to in the first place. Umi knew she had to find the new Chosen and stop Darkness before it was too late.

────── ✾✾✾ ──────

────── ✾✾✾ ──────