𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

────── ✾✾✾ ──────

────── ✾✾✾ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐃

────── ✾✾✾ ──────

A loud beeping filled the air, causing the blonde girl to reach out from under the covers and slam her hand down on her alarm clock. After letting out a muffled irritated groan, she threw her blanket off of her and began her morning routine. Once she was dressed for work, she grabbed her sunglasses and made her way through the empty house toward the kitchen to make breakfast. As she waited for her toast to pop out of the toaster, she packed up her lunch and everything she needed for the day into her bag. She then sat at the counter to wait for the toaster to finish doing its job.

Lauren Taylor had been on her own since her parents decided to travel the world with her older brother, Lance, after he graduated from Harvard University. But the Taylor girl decided to pass on going on the adventure with her family to finish school and start her life. Lauren only had two more years of college to complete before she got her degree in elementary education. Most would be disappointed about missing traveling the world with their loved ones, but she wasn't. Especially since her brother promised to take her on a trip during one of her breaks in the future.

After she finished her breakfast, the blonde girl slipped on her shoes and grabbed her keys before leaving her empty house. Lauren hummed to herself as she made her way down the driveway toward her Jeep. She jumped into her car and started the engine, causing music to take over the silence surrounding her. A large smile spread across her lips as she began her drive to the beach where she would start her lifeguard shift.

Only fifteen minutes went by before she arrived at her destination. Lauren quickly locked up her car and made her way to the lifeguard hut to clock in for the day. She greeted her co-workers with a smile as she applied a thick layer of sunscreen. It wasn't long after that when she grabbed her sunglasses and walked out of the hut. The three of them walked along the sand, taking in the beautiful day while looking over how many people were at the beach. To their surprise, there weren't many beachgoers that day. Once they finished making their rounds, Ryker and Hunter went to check up on their jet ski and supplies while Lauren went to the lifeguard tower. She climbed up the ladder before sitting down in the chair and looking around at the world around her.

Hours passed as Lauren enjoyed the peaceful, cloudless day at the practically empty beach. This was the first time in a while that she didn't really have much to do during her shift. That was until her lunch break came. It was right after the Taylor girl switched with Hunter when a blood-chilling scream cut through the air. Lauren grabbed her binoculars without an ounce of hesitation and brought them up to her eyes to get a better view of what was happening. Her entire body tensed when she saw a young boy having trouble swimming against the waves. Her instincts kicked in before her brain could fully comprehend the situation. Lauren soon found herself sprinting toward their jet ski with Ryker right behind her. She quickly jumped onto the board attached to the back of the jet ski while the Zerrin boy hopped onto it. Not even a second after that passed when they began speeding toward the screaming boy. All they could do was hope that they would make it in time.