CHAPTER 6

✾✾✾

Chapter 6The Dark King

Chapter 6
The Dark King

✾✾✾

Deep within the center of the earth, a man clothed in black stared into the molten lava that surrounded him

Deep within the center of the earth, a man clothed in black stared into the molten lava that surrounded him. His thoughts were filled with nothing but the Chosen that trapped him in his prison. If it wasn't for them, he would still be free ruling the world with his army of shadows. The raven-haired man wanted to rule the world once again and be in control of everyone that inhabited the Earth. He desired to see the world fall into darkness once again. He would still be in control of the world and its people if only Umi and the world's natural spirits hadn't gotten in the way.

After a hundred years of being trapped in the core of the Earth, Adrien Ciaran felt himself going crazy...or crazier than he already was. Even though he would never admit it aloud, he felt the power he worked so hard for slowly fading away. The raven-haired man knew that he needed to get free of his prison soon if he wanted to keep his dark magic.

The man many called Darkness continued to brood within his prison until he sensed the atmosphere around him changing. It wasn't long after that when Adrien felt his power rising from what he thought was an unusual amount of fear rising in the world. But then he realized what he was feeling was much different than a century ago. What he felt was something much more powerful than the fear of Earth's mortals. It made Adrien feel amazing and more powerful than he ever felt.

Since he was distracted by the glorious feeling that coursed through his veins, the Ciaran man failed to notice the spell that was trapping him in his prison was breaking. That was until he heard a voice chanting in the distance.

"Darkness rise, Darkness rise, Darkness rise."

Adrien had no idea what was going on at first as he spun around in a circle in an attempt to find where the voice was coming from. Another long moment passed before the Ciaran man realized what was happening. He was being summoned. A mortal was summoning him for the first time since he received his dark powers from even darker spirits. No mortal dared to try to control him or even dared to cross his path. No one was able to handle his power. So why did that human think they were any different?