chapter two

My left eye twitched at the sound of Luke's music. Our last class ended and, unfortunately, I had most of the same classes as him except for one which was physics. In every class, he always had his headphones on except for music. For some reason, he actually participated in music, but I had a feeling it was because he liked music.

Obviously. He listens to music all the time, ivory.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at the voice in my head. The voice always had some smartass replies to my thoughts. It was irritating and sometimes scary. It'd tell me different things about different people. Never good things, always bad things. For instant, the voice inside my head told me a girl in my grade named grace was having an affair with the principle, but I'd always shake my head because it can't possibly be true.

But yet it is.

Shut up, I snapped.

Make me.

What are you? Three? I snarled.

Are you? Because you're talking to yourself in your head.

I gulped shaking away the voice, but it never went away. It continued to nag me throughout the class, talking about how it had won.

My glaze drifted to Luke who was only five seats away from me to my right. His head snapped to me, as if he felt my eyes on him, meeting my glaze. My breath caught in my throat as I froze keeping my eyes on his. I couldn't look away causing a sluggish smirk to overtake his lips. My eyes involuntarily looked down to his lips causing his smirk to widen.

Look away, idiot.

The voice snapped me out of my trance and I looked away, but something in my stomach was telling me to talk to him. No. I can't.

Don't be a baby. Just talk to him in music. He won't have his headphones in, and he'll be able to hear you.

What if he ignores me?

Punch him.

Okay.

My eyebrows furrowed at how easily I agreed with the voice. No. I won't and I can't.

It won't be that hard. just curl your-

I know how to punch someone!

Then do it, you son of a bitch!

I whimpered very quietly as I slowly slouched in my seat giving up. I felt obliged, and I hated it, but I had to listen.

Good girl.

I closed my eyes tightly at the voice's praising. I shouldn't have said yes. I shouldn't have given up, but I did.

I laid my head down on my desk encircling my head with my arms as I bit down on the sleeve of my hoodie. Why did I say yes? Why do I have to talk to him anyways?

Because-

Don't answer that.

Don't interrupt me, bitch.

I closed my eyes tight again willing myself not to let the voice's rude name calling get to me. It calls me things like this all the time. It was worrying me. Was it normal to have voices in your head? I always told myself yes it was, but I knew deep down I was just lying to myself because I didn't want to believe that maybe I was insane. I didn't want to believe that maybe I was the one who had schizophrenia.

I tried to block out the annoying voice which caused it to get angry, but I didn't care. I just wanted to go home. I just wanted to curl into my bed and allow sleep to overtake.

You want to go home to your slutty mother? Idiot.

Shut up. My mom isn't slutty. She's amazing.

Yeah. Keep telling yourself that.

I internally screamed getting irritated. I could feel the boy in front of me glance back at me looking at me as if I was crazy.

You are.

I bit down harder on my sleeve. I wanted the voice to shut up. I wanted it to leave me alone. it did some days, but today it decided to make a grand appearance. The voice sometimes never spoke which was often, but, for some reason, it decided to speak up this hour and bother the hell out of me.

"Okay, so lets begin by picking partners."

My head snapped up at the teacher as my mind started to process what she had said. Partners? Partners for what?

Some project. Just shut up and listen.

I listened and watched as the teacher grabbed a hat full of folded papers that she'd thrown in. She walked towards the person in the right front seat and held out the hat.

"Each of you will choose a piece of paper that will hold one of your classmate's name. Whoever is on that paper is your partner," she explained as the person grabbed a paper and frowned.

One by one, everyone got a paper. some groaned and hit their head on their desk, while others smiled and let go a sigh of relief. Anxiety was killing me as she finally reached me and everyone turned to see what my reaction would be. I slowly reached into the hat as I slouched down in my seat, not liking the attention.

I retracted my hand once I had felt and grasped the folded paper in my hand. Miss (the teacher) smiled and walked to the person beside me allowing them to choose. I fiddled with the paper not wanting to see what it may hold.

I didn't like anyone in this class and having one of them as a partner isn't my cup of tea.

Tapping my foot, I glanced over at Luke hoping with my life that I would not be with him. I opened the paper as I closed my eyes tight and reopened them once the paper was open.

My heart dropped and everything felt frozen as I read the name printed on the devil paper. I almost felt dizzy as if I was being sucked into a forever-ending dark warm hole.

You're overreacting. Calm the fuck down.

I looked over at him and saw no emotion as he shoved the paper into his front pocket of his pants and looked at the teacher while still holding no emotion.

I gulped and looked at the teacher as well hoping she'd catch my pleading eyes, have sympathy towards me, and let me switch partners. Just by my luck, the bell rang as she ignored my stares and demised us.

ha. I wonder who it is c;

vote and commenttt

okay bye

-k

p.s.

it's not edited yet sorry