Up

LEX

-

It wasn't like I was trying to come as a bitch, but I knew I was. I mean come on! My fucking daughter is in the hospital and you selfishly tell me surprise I'm your sister! Like NO What the fuck!

I'm genuinely not surprised either, I mean when your mother is a whore what else would happen. I feel bad, though, like now I'm obligated to invite her over for thanksgiving. I mean I don't even know if she's telling the truth, she could just be a crazed fan who knows too much. Ugh. I cannot deal with this right now. I'll call mom later and sort things out. Right now I need to make sure Kian and I are okay and then see Emma Riley's parents. I walked back into the waiting room, "hey"

Kian was sitting with Zander near the vending machine.

"Hi," He smiled.

"Can we talk?"

"Ya," He got up and followed me into the bathroom.

"I'm sorry" I flat out said.

"Me too. I should have-"

"No" I cut him off, "We should've done a lot of things different but we can't anymore so why dwell on them?"

"Right"

"But I have to tell you something...and I know it's irrelevant but...I have a sister apparently. Dr.Kat Rivers I don't know if you've met her"

"YES!"

"You knew?!"

"No well...no I didn't but she looked so familar it's because she's your sister!"

"Biololoically yes but we're strangers and I told her that. I told her who her real mom was and that her dad is probably a john and thats the way it is. We're not going to be sisters"

"Babe..." He rolled his eyes.

"What!"

"She didn't tell you so you guys could braid each other's hair and spend every hour together. She told you so you know you have family she told you so she knows she has family and by shutting her down you made it even worse"

"I have family. It's you guys"

"What about the more the merrier?"

"That's just a myth"

"Really? So you weren't happy when you found out James got Anna pregnant?"

"I wasn't happy that he doesn't know how to use a condom but that's different. She's my blood. She...shes the symbol of something that's gone. And seeing her makes James a little less gone. Seeing Kat is a reminder my mom is a whore"

"I think you didn't even give her a chance"

"Because she's not my sister. With Evie it's different and you know why"

"I know why but I don't understand. Kat is looking for information on who might have been. She might of been you. Why don't you give her the chacne to see what she could have been"

"'She's happy with who she is"

"Obviously not! SHE CAME TO YOU LEX! If she were happy she could have ignored the fact you guys share a mother but she didn't. She wondering, don't leave her hanging"

"Why. Look at her! She's little miss perfect! She's a fucking doctor! She's pretty and has a loving family! SHE DOESNT FUCKING NEED ME!"

"I cannot believe you right now. Walking away from your family"

"don't even say that"

"Why? It's true!"

"Really? This girl who I don't even know if she's telling the truth gives you the right to say IM walking away from my family?!"

"Why would you say it like that"

"BECAUSE LOOK! LOOK WHERE WE ARE! WERE ARGUING IN A HOSPITAL WITH MY DAUGHTER WHO WAS UNDER YOUR SUPERVISION! SHES FUCKING 14 AND YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO WATCH HER! Or AT LEAST HIRE SOMEONE TO WATCH HER! KIAN. YOU LEFT TEEGAN OUT TO DRY IN HOLLYWOOD AND YOU KNOW IT. THATS WHY YOU WILL NOT GO SEE HER! CAUSE THIS VERSION OF TEEGAN IS YOUR FAULT!" I screamed until my lungs burned. We both stood there in an awkward silence, "I love you. But this isn't working"

He looked at me with confusion and anger.

"We either break up, or be together but none of this in between bullshit" I whispered

"What do you want?"

"I know whole heartingly know that I want you, but if you don't want me and you're sure of it I am willing to walk away so you can find your happiness"

"Don't fucking do that"

"What?"

"Don't fucking pretend like I'm the bad guy"

"ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING?!"

"Why would you bring up breaking up if you weren't thinking about it"

"Kian. I'm not doing this. Yes or no?"

"FUCKING YES! OBVIOUSLY!"

"So why are we fighting!"

"BECAUSE WE'RE SCARED AND WE FUCKED UP AND ITS EASIER TO BE MAD THAN ACCEPT IT!"

We both stood facing each other.
We fucked up.