Chapter 2

I tap my foot impatiently waiting for Jeffrey to pick me up as he said yesterday.

I told that Jerk not to be late today and I am waiting here at my gate for him.

I check the time and he was 4 minutes late. I hope he didn't forget that he was supposed to pick me up today. Well, of course I could go and drive my own car or ask the driver- Jason to drive me but I don't like people breaking their promises.

I see a car zoom in and I roll my eyes as I see Jeffrey talking on the phone and he opens the door from inside. He gestures for me to come inside fast.

"-yes I'll make the deal with them soon," he says. "No...Yes yes, very soon...Nope...The news will be announced Tomorrow but I request you to keep it a secret till the time... Thank you...Bye."

He sighs and then rubs his face and makes his head fall back on the seat. I study him carefully as he just keeps removing out signs of his tiredness.

"Your late," I say.

"Sorry. I overslept and had a lot of calls as you can see. I spoke to all the people yesterday and started the marriage preparations," he sighs and tells the driver an address.

"Okay, so where are we going now?" I ask him and maintain a distance from him.

"We'll be meeting Oliver to see the marriage rings," he rubs the part under his eyes as he says this and I nod.

"Will you be asking him to make another one or are we gonna just go through the ready made models or something," I look at him going through his phone and ask.

"Whatever you wish," he shuts me down with that.

The driver whose name I still didn't know opens the door for us and Jeffrey pulls me close to him. I am about to wiggle out of his grip when he whispers strictly in my ear,"This is public eye, let the paps snap a few pics but act casual and then I'll take you through that alleyway," he points lightly and acts as if he is acting romantic when he just sounded disgusting.

He places a light sloppy kiss on my forehead and I just give a fake happy smile and then we go towards the direction he pointed once I saw from my side eye that the paps got a picture of us together. It is surprising how news spread around so fast just with a few pictures.

"I'll be posting this picture of us on social media. I suggest you do the same on your account," Jeffrey says.

"I'll do it once I get home," I sigh. This was a road I'd never been to before. Even if I shifted to Milan just a few years back I made it a point to explore as many new places as possible.

Once we start walking silently I wipe away his saliva from my face, I mean where he gave me the sloppy kiss.

After we walk like five metres he pulls me into a secret stairways and I follow him up trying not to trip on those creaky things.

He holds my hand throughout the climbing and pulls me with him up.

"Why would you get me on something as dangerous as this. Have you even consulted anyone for this? I swear if you've took me here to murder me then you should know that I can give you one punch in the balls and you'll be knocked out straight on the ground if I really do that. You will not be able to have a success in your business if you murder me. I think you should be scared of me cause I-" I shut up when he turns behind and glares at me.