Chapter 6

Jeffrey and I leave the party hastily and I realize that Mr. Kutcher has already left the hall before the both of us could head out. He probably got a call from the hospital and then must have informed the man to tell the bride and the groom because Jake and I were really close, still are. I hope we will be in the future too after this little stunt he pulls on me.

I tell my father and Harriet to take care of everything with the help of Stephanie, Kayla and Bessie such as greeting everyone and ensuring that everyone who came today got the gifts. While Jeffrey tells his parents and Richard to entertain the party and make up a story for our absence as there were a lot of people and anyone could slip the news out to the media. We didn't want a crowd of fans to be surrounding us at the hospital.

Jeffrey drove us both in his Ferrari which was a half hour ride to the hospital.

"Oh God. Just tell us where Jake Kutcher is please?" I tell the receptionist and she did take her time analyzing my outfit and I swear I saw her eyes widen on recognizing me.

"Ma'am I am sorry but I cannot give you personal information about a patient unless I have proof ," she says surprised by my outburst at her.

"I am his fucking best friend and I can visit him. Just tell me the damn room he is in," I tell her, "Can't you see that I left my wedding reception and came here before it got over. You have no idea how much money I spent on trying to make every detail perfect."

"Okay please just fill in this paper work," she says and Jeffrey tells me to move aside so he can fill it up. He sure did take his time to fill it up. Is it just me or time seemed to pass awfully slow.

I run a hand through my hair. My hair wasn't the kind of messy neat bun, it was just a messy bun, actually hardly even a bun considering how my hair was so out of place. I was so annoyed that I wanted to get rid of the clips and suddenly they seemed to be the most painfully annoying thing when we sat in the car on the way to the hospital. A few people that came and went stared at me as I was still in my wedding dress and Jeffrey was still in his tuxedo.

My hair was ruined. My stilettos were dirty and my make up was all over the place. It looked as if I had been to hell and back. Bessie is gonna kill me. But that's not the main problem currently. Focus Paris.

"Come on," Jeffrey pulls me into the elevator and presses the fifth floor.

I felt nauseous on seeing those white walls, white uniforms, white gloves, stethoscopes, wheel chairs, old people and doctors. The only time I had been to the hospital was when I was born. I can't remember a time when I have been to a hospital for something as crucial as this. I would probably have come to the hospital to visit some one but no one very close, or someone that I am still in contact with. My mother was a little harsh when it came to our eating habits and exercising so we didn't really have any problems when it came to our health and those were the two main reasons on falling ill.

"Just look for room number 503," Jeffrey says as I trail behind him.

I suddenly stop and see room number 503 and see Mr. Kutcher sitting there with his head in his hands still in his suit. Beside him sat Jake's mother. The two of them had divorced. I didn't see Jake's mother at the party but when I saw Jeffrey look at me for a moment after noticing the woman I understood he'd already seen her at the reception. I grab on to Jeffrey's arm and I had to calm myself down for a second before I walked their way.

When Mr. Kutcher sees me he gets up and I notice his face was red and also his eyes flaming with anger, "You! You have no right to come here. My son might die today and it is all because of you. Stay away from Jake," he starts cursing in Italian and then Mrs. Kutcher pulls him down and tries to calms him. Then she looks up at me and says, "Darling take a seat. How kind of you to come and give your support on the day of your wedding. Please don't mind him, he's just a little shocked, give him time. The doctor said that he is in surgery right now and we don't know how the accident happened and he said he would let us know the details in some time."