e i g h t - f a m i l y

(a/n: kinda takes place after katie stormed off to alexis' car)

"Don't punish Kitty... I think somethin' making her sad."

Alexis looked at Connor as he said those words. He could be right, Katie has never acted out like that. Sure she throws a tantrum every once and awhile, what little doesn't, but Katie's seemed different. She gave him a soft smile before leaving and heading to her own little. 

She got in and turned on the car which startled Katie who was in the back seat. She let out a little yelp followed by a few sniffles before cuddling back into the corner. 

"I'm not mad at you know." Alexis says buckling herself in. 

Katie didn't respond but did shuffle around and put on he seat belt. Alexis turned around to look at Katie she looked down, avoiding her caregivers eyes. Alexis sighed, she would just talk to Katie when they got home.

xxx

Alexis and Katie both walked into the house, neither of them saying a word. Katie headed straight for the corner but Alexis grabbed her by the wrist and turned her to face her. 

"I told you Katie," She said letting go and holding onto Katie's waist. "I'm not mad." 

Katie jerked away. "Then-then why you use my full name." Katie said finally. 

"You were right when you said I can't control you and you were right about how you can't just decided when you want to be my little kitty or when you want to be a big girl. Although Katie, I am your Dom. You know that one of your rules whether you're a big girl or not is that you don't have an attitude." Alexis said softly but still keeping the dominance in her voice. 

Katie sighed. "I know mommy, and I sorry." 

"That's okay baby doll, how about a nap? You seem like you need one." Alexis says. 

"Is mommy gonna take a nap with me." Katie says looking up at Alexis, her eyes full with innocence. 

"I always do." Alexis says before picking up Katie."

xxx

"As much as I love making out with you Kate," Alexis says pulling away from Katie. "I have to talk to you about something."

Katie sighed. She knew what Alexis was going to talk to her about, but acted as if she didn't. "What's up?" 

"I was going to ask you the same thing." Alexis says playing along. 

Katie shrugged and said. "What do you mean?"

Alexis sighed and got up. "Okay enough, now there is something wrong with you, you and I both know that. I want to know what, you don't act out just because so don't tell me it's nothing." 

"When Connor went to his questioning a few months back, he found out that Jackson didn't just want to hurt him, he wanted to kill him." Katie says stressing out the word.

"Is-is that what has you all worked up?" 

"No, what has me worked up is that Jackson is my brother, my brother, whom I share a last name with, wanted to kill my only best friend."

"But I thought that-."

"I did too," Katie says getting up and doing a quick turn to face Alexis. "My parents told me that he wanted a clean slate, that he wanted to start a new life with a wife and maybe a kid."

Alexis stared at Katie, shocked.

"Not that" Katie stops to take a deep shaky breath. "Not that my brother was "sick" and he needed treatment." Katie said quoting the words that left he mothers mouth when she found out Katie was gay.