Part 13

"Oh em gee! You have a new crush? Spill!" Chiara childishly enthused when I told her about my newfound 'bae'. It was incredibly nice to have a girlfriend to chat to apart from Savvy who had been really busy in the past few days. Chiara really understood me and we loved to obsess about a lot of things - she was a great match for me. "Yesterday morning, I was walking alone since I was late to class and Joshua Frampton pushed me in a locker and down to the floor." Chiara gasped. "No way... what an asshole!" "My head really pained me after that so I went to the nurse's office and she asked me if I had anyone to pick me up from home since I was clearly too in pain to walk home alone and she was probably scared of me fainting along the way or something. Since my mom was away, I said no, so she asked her son to take me. I'll show you him when he's around. He's in our grade, but I think he only attends classes on Mondays to Wednesdays." "So he walked me home and we ate stir-fry and watched movies together. It was fun until Savvy got home with a group of study buddies. He was forced to leave." Chiara squealed once I finished my sentence. "You got to watch movies with a hot guy! I need to see him now. What is his name?" "Grayson Powell. Ever heard of him?" "Nope, don't thi- wait, is he the smoking hot one in our Biology class?" "He's the one," I giggled. He really was that eye-catching and was appealing to everyone who passed by him, not just because of his appearance, but also because of his charisma. "Oh! And the best part... he asked me to hang out this Friday!" "AHHHHHH!" Chiara excitedly jumped up and down, hugging me tightly. "We need to give you a makeover for that. I am so coming over to your house today to pick an outfit out." She high-fived me before the bell rang and we had to go.

After school, Chiara and I went in my closet and we set up a mini makeover booth: a mirror, a fold-up table with some makeup and hair care appliances, a heapload of clothes, some pictures of ideas, and a stool. I had chosen three simple outfits that I thought would be perfect for the occasion, which was a movie followed by a sushi dinner at a small restaurant. Chiara broug

ht out my three selections and laid them out.

When I emerged from my bathroom with my first outfit on, Chiara took a picture with a polaroid she had and placed the finished picture next to a photo of Chloë Grace Moretz. It was a simple black dress with cherry patterns which was about knee-length and was very laid-back and casual with some flats and my favourite necklace. She did the same with my next two outfits: a simple shirt and jeans and a more dressy look with a frilled tank top and a skirt. She put the three pictures up and made me choose which one I preferred. "I like my dress," I finally decided. She smiles in agreement, clearly believing completely in my choice.