Meet April in April

It's April now. I got seperated from everyone afer the prison walls got broke down by the walkers. I am all alone now. I am on my way back home. I am heading west. I am pretty sure that I am in Kansas now.  I think only 40 miles to go until I get to my house. Talk to you again in a... well I am not sure when I will have a chance.

I am at my house. In the living room. Last time I had been here it was bright and the grass was green. Mom was making Thanksgiving dinner. Josh was still alive. Well I am going to my room now. Wait there is something in my closet. Please don't be a Walker. I kick open the door to find a little girl hiding in the corner. "It's alright I won't hurt you. Come here." She walks up to me. "What's your name cutie?" "I am April."  " Nice to meet you April. I am Mays. How did you get here?" " My mommy and daddy brought me here to protect me from the monsters.I don't know where they are now." " How old are you April? And I will help you find you mom and dad." "I am 10 and you will?" "Yes I will." We get in a car and drive to Sharon Springs. That's the last place I want to be right now but I have to do it for April. We are almost there. Everything looks like shit. I miss going to my Grandma and Grandpa's. They live in Sharon. Or should I say lived. We pull up to the gas station. I tell April to keep watch for Walker's. I pump gas into the car. "Mays..." "Yes April?" " There is a car comin" I turn and look. Sure enough there is. "Alright April I want you to get me my gun and then get under the car." She gets my gun and hides under the car. I finish pumping gas into the car and get into position to shoot. The car pulls up next to mine and rolls down the windows.