Just Me January (Maybe Not)

It's been four months since I have seen a human not infected.  I have walked so long I hope to find some food. Oh ya my name is Mays. Thats my last name I dont believe in first names. I am not sure about my family. I think they are dead. I just know that it is time to look forward.  I hope to find someone soon. I am running low on water. I can use my bow to hunt for food. Wait I just heard some thing. (Draws bow) (A person walks out from behind a tree with his gun pointed at me) "Who are you?" I ask. "I am Carl" he says. " I'm Mays. I don't believe in first names and for one I don't remember it." " Ok nice meeting you, and uh what are you doing out here by yourself?" He says in a weird manner. (I lower my bow) (He lowers his gun) "I have been alone since this whole thing started. And what about you?" " I'm not alone I have my dad and mom around at the prison with a bunch of others. You are welcome to come if you want." " Ya'll won't kill me will ya?" "No not unless you try to hurt one of us." " Ok well I guess I will go with you" ( We start to walk beside eachother) "What did you do before this all happened?" Carl asked. "Me and my family lived on a ranch down in Kansas. My boyfried and I drove to town and we were supposed to drive to the store to get Ma some groceries. Then this car came out of no where and crashed into us. Next thing I knew Josh was dead and there were walkers all around us." "Oh" that's all he says. After about an hour we here a gun shot. We both stop and fall to the ground. "What was that?" I say "A gun shot. It came from the west." A bullet was shot at us. "RUN!" I yell.