Ian's idea: Part. 4

Harry ran himself a bath and poured almost half a bottle of bubble liquid into the hot streaming water. He stripped naked and climbed into a mammoth mass of clouding bubbles, taking a sharp intake of breath as he immersed himself in the hot, fragranced water.

The odor smelt familiar and he grabbed the bubble bath bottle, reading the label out loud, "Woodland Pine – how funny." He relaxed back and rested his head on the back of the bath, "That's a message from you, ain't it mate?" He said, talking to his dead friend, Ian.

The hot fragranced water soothed his muscles and as he relaxed he continued to talk with his dead friend; it actually gave him comfort, "Hey, you never guess what mate, I got a call for an audition for that TV singing show, remember I filled out the application form with you?" Harry actually waited for an answer, and when none came he actually laughed at himself for expecting one.

The memory of his best friend soothed him, and Harry found himself drifting in and out of a: restless, watery, woodland fragranced sleep.

###

Harry's mum hugged her grieving son. She was shocked to the core about Ian's sudden death and it made her feel fearful for Harry. She realized how life can be snuffed out at any time and at that moment she found it hard to let go of her first-born baby.

"Don't worry mum, I'll take care of myself," he said, pulling himself away from his mum's worried embrace.

"Where you off to now?" She asked, her heart heavy with a mother's love.

"I'm going round to Gwen's; I found out she was Ian's boyfriend, so I want to talk with her," he said.

His mum smiled proudly, "That's very mature Harry, you youngsters need to talk openly in order to grieve properly," she said.

At the door Harry turned back, "Love you mum," he shouted.

"I love you more," said his mum, looking proudly at her son's audition letter, which Harry had left on the kitchen table.

###

Gwen answered the door all-fresh faced and smiley. "You look so pretty without all that black crap round your eyes," he said, with his usual lack of tact.

Gwen gave him a dismissive eye roll, "And you look pretty as always; come in," she said.

Harry turned to the door on his right and put his hand on the handle, a simple act that elicited a shocking reaction from Gwen – "DO NOT GO IN THERE!" She screamed, with a horrified look on her face.

"Blimey, that's extreme, what you hiding, have I interrupted your latest serial killing?" He asked. Gwen stumbled awkwardly over her words, "It' – erm – it's my dad's room – his space – we don't go in there," she said, her composure returned. She led him into the living room, "Do you wanna drink?" She asked.