The Strays

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!
Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out...
Reader: Yeah, me too.
Weiss: How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!
Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.
Weiss: Quiet, you!
Yang: Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?
Ruby: Ugh, they smell like fish!
Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!
Blake: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.
Weiss: You can't prove that!
Ruby turns her head to the right
Ruby: Whoa.
You look at a shattered window down the street and a door full of yellow caution tape of the Vale Police Force before walking over to the detective in front
Reader: What happened here?
Detective 1: Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle.
Yang: That's terrible.
Detective 2: They left all the money again.
Ruby: Huh?
Detective 1: Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?
Detective 2: I don't know, an army?
Detective 1: You thinking the White Fang?
Detective 2: Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough.
Weiss: Hmph! The White Fang. What an awful bunch of degenerates!
Reader: What is your problem?
Weiss: My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane.
Blake: The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. They're a collection of misguided Faunus.
Weiss: Misguided? They want to wipe Humanity off the face of the planet!
Blake: So then they're very misguided. Either way, it doesn't explain why they would rob a Dust shop in the middle of downtown Vale!
Ruby: Hmm... Blake's got a point. Besides, the police never caught that Torchwick guy I ran into a few months ago... Maybe it was him.
Weiss: That still doesn't change the fact that the White Fang are a bunch of scum. Those Faunus only know how to lie, cheat, and steal.
Reader: The White Fang is far from a bunch of scum. They fight for equality but they aren't going about it the right way but that doesn't make them a bunch of scum. Also, keep talking like that and you will be the first person to see what my weapon does.
Sailor 1: Hey, stop that Faunus!
Sun: Thanks for the ride, guys! Haha!
Sailor 2: You no-good stowaway!
Sun: Hey! A no-good stowaway would've been caught! I'm a great stowaway!
Detective 1: Hey! Get down from there this instant!
Yang: Well, Weiss, you wanted to see the competition, and there it goes...
Weiss: Quick! We have to observe him!
You, Weiss, Yang, and Ruby give chase. Not long after, Blake starts after you guys. You all round the next corner, but then Weiss bumps into someone and trips. She looks up only to see Sun jump on to a building and disappear from her view.
Weiss: No, he got away!
Yang: Uhh... Weiss?
???: Sal-u-ta-tions!
Ruby: Um... hello.
Yang: Are you... okay?
???: I'm wonderful! Thank you for asking.
Yang: Do you... wanna get up?
???: Yes!
You watch as she leaps back on her feet while you all step back a little
???: My name is Penny! It's a pleasure to meet you!
Ruby: Hi Penny. I'm Ruby.
Weiss: I'm Weiss.
Blake: Blake.
Reader: I'm y/n.
Yang: Are you sure you didn't hit your head? Oh, I'm Yang.
Penny: It's a pleasure to meet you!
Weiss: You already said that.
Penny: So I did!
Weiss: Well, sorry for running into you!
Ruby: Take care, friend!
Yang: She was... weird...
Weiss: Now, where did that Faunus riff-raff run off to?
Penny: What did you call me?
Yang: Oh, I'm really sorry, I definitely didn't think you heard me!
Penny: No, not you. You!
Ruby: Me? I-I don't know. I, what I, um, uh...
Penny: You called me 'friend'! Am I really your friend?
Ruby: Uuuum...Y-Yeah, sure! Why not?
Penny: Sen-sational! We can paint our nails, and try on clothes, and talk about cute boys!
Ruby: Oh, is this what it was like when you met me?
Weiss: No - she seems far more...coordinated.
Yang: So... what are you doing in Vale?
Penny: I'm here to fight in the tournament.
Weiss: Wait, you're fighting in the tournament?
Penny: I'm combat ready!
Weiss: Forgive me, but you hardly look the part.
Blake: Says the girl wearing a dress.
Weiss: It's a combat skirt!
Ruby: Yeah!
Weiss: Wait a minute. If you're here for the tournament, does that mean you know that monkey-tailed... rapscallion?
Penny: The who...?
Weiss: The filthy Faunus from the boat!
Blake: Why do you keep saying that?!
Weiss: Huh?
Blake: Stop calling him a rapscallion! Stop calling him a degenerate! He's a person!
Weiss: Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like me to stop referring to the trash can as a trash can? Or this lamppost as a lamppost?
Reader: Weiss! Just stop it!
Weiss: Stop what? He clearly broke the law. Give him time; he'll probably join up with those other Faunus in the White Fang!
Blake: You ignorant little brat!
Weiss: How dare you talk to me like that! I am your teammate!
Blake: You are a judgmental little girl.
Weiss: What in the world makes you say that?
Blake: The mere fact that you would sort that Faunus boy with a terrorist group solely based on his species makes you just as much of a scoundrel as you believe him to be!
Yang: Um, I think we should probably go...
Penny: Where are we going?
Weiss: So you admit it! The White Fang is just a radical group of terrorists!
Reader: That's not what she meant, and you know it!
-Time Skip-