1

It's been several years since dad and I left the Mist. We've become mercenaries, fighters for hire, along with Haku. Since we don't stay in the same place very long, Haku has been my only friend.

Today, dad accepted a job from this really arrogant short guy. I think his name was... Cat-o?..No... Fat-o?.. still not right.... Gato! That's it.

So today, we are to kill a master bridge builder. Why? It's not my business. I just don't like to kill people. Oh, well...

"Stay here and stay hidden." Dad says quietly as a group of gennin, a jonin, and the bridge builder come down the path. I nod in understanding.

The blonde kid in the front of the group started throwing kunai in random directions until the pinkette knocks him over the head and starts shouting at him.

Suddenly, the blonde throws a kunai right at Haku, who does a substitution jutsu.

Dad throws his giant sword towards their heads, but they duck just on time and his sword buries itself in the tree behind them. He lands on the grip of the sword, back facing the enemy. He looks over his shoulder and they start talking, then fighting.

Just as the jonin is about to finish him off, Haku comes to the rescue. I take a deep breath and follow his lead.

"No pulse, he's dead..." the jounin says, pressing his fingers to dad's neck.

"We thank you for this opportunity. We've been tracking him for a while." I say.

"Those masks... I assume that you're tracker nin from the Hidden Mist?" The jounin asks.

"That would be correct." Haku replies.

He picks up dad and slings one arm over his shoulders. I do the same on his other side. We quickly jump away, heading for our current base.