Chapter 09: The Last Step

Chapter 9

The Last Step

            Alas, I come to my final parting words of my story.

            I hope they weren't too boring, and it was a little interesting to y'all. But I just wanted to share a part of my life that I hoped gave you a glimpse of what happens when a young teen person decides to come out.

            Of course every coming out story you might hear from a person will not be the same story. Some might have it easy and no harm to them. Some might come out and everybody might be like "Um, we already know." Some might get jumped or beaten up or worse yet, even killed. Some even commit suicide because they had no one else to turn to.

            Coming out is a big step to one's self, and is an obstacle they have to take when taking that first step out of the closet.

            I'm not considering myself as an expert in getting out of the closest. I'm just giving you my side of the story.

            I'm not forcing someone out of the closet, but the light is brighter on the other side.

            I'm am blessed to have my friends and family understand the person I am, even if some took longer than others, but they all understand and love me so very much.

            I can assure that in my seven years of being out of the closet, my journey hasn't ended yet.

            I still have to battle the fact that I'm Christian and gay, most churches will not accept. But that's further down the road.

            I'd like to thank all my friends who supported me. That is the reason why I told all of you first.

            I'd like to thank my brothers and cousins, who without them, I might've lost touch with my family.

            And to all those that are secretly and willing to come out, I hope my story can give you hope. Because you all will have someone there to support you. Your journey my not go like mine, because we all have our own roads to travel. Thanks again.