【Urgent issues】|Chapter Five

(NAME) had sent a text to Hide after a hot shower in their now steamy bathroom.A towel rested upon their shoulders and their dripping wet hair caused the floor to also become wet.They took a seat on the soft sofa and waited for Hide's text to appear on the small screen which illuminated their paled face as well as their surroundings.They reached for the remote and the television flicked on the lights also flickered causing the room to be lit.They set their device on the glass coffee table in front of them and stared at the wide screen presented before them.

Uninterested in the channel they switched to the news which had aired just in time at exactly 9:30 pm.Leaning forward they scanned an image that had appeared on the screen and paused the screen quickly.

"Isn't that...?It's been years...Why is it on the news again..?!"(NAME) sat there in disbelief and held their head.Their phone's ringtone suddenly played,multiple rings played as many messages were received. A strange image showed up on the small screen.The lights went out.

It was dark.Too dark.

A final message showed up and covered the photo.It was Hide,

[(NAME)!Hey!]

They read through the other messages he had recently sent to them,

[Ready to hang out again?:)]

[(NAME)?You Okay?]

[You're not replying.]

[Are you okay?]

[Hey,you're kinda getting me worried.]

They had replied after reading back through the messages.

[Sorry.Power has gone out...I'll have to talk to you later.Phone's going to die soon.I'm going to take a walk to help me feel better.]

[Sure,be careful.]

Their answer was crude.Cold.

[Okay.Bye]

(NAME) put on a khaki green parka and a pair of jeans together with boots and a scarf wrapped around them which covered half of their face.A cycle of thoughts spun through their mind as they tried to get their thoughts organised again.It seemed like their memory was about to be lost at any moment.It dove them insane.

(NAME) wanted everything to just stop.

"(NAME)?"

That voice.

"Hide..?"

"Come on,i thought you needed some company."

"...Thank you."

"Anything for a friend,(NAME)."

The two began to wander around through the empty streets of Tokyo.Their hands began to freeze up as they continued to keep a conversation going between themselves.

"How have you been doing?It seems like you've been trying to ignore us."(NAME) rose a brow at him.

"'Us'?"

"Yeah.Me and Kaneki.Are you trying to run away from something..?Someone?"

"...I'm sorry.I'm fine."

"Clearly you're not.Man,i have known you for a long time (NAME)!I'm not a stranger,haha."Hide chuckled and soon a wide and bright smile spread across his face.Soon,the same smile spread across (NAME)'s.

"Thank you for worrying about me,Hide."A small blush dusted his cheeks as he reached for the back of his head with his right hand.

"Y-Yeah..Don't worry about it."