Chapter 20 (Final Chapter)

Sometimes you meet someone and they change your life. Sometimes you come acrossexperiences that change your life, and those experiences give you people and those people give you more experiences.

Sometimes you meet someone who makes your days the greatest and sometimes you meet somebody who makes you fall in love. And sometimes... sometimes that same person can make your days the worst or make your heart ache the most.

And sometimes you fall in love with someone and they don't love you back.

Maybe they're not meant to love you back, or maybe it isn't their time yet. Or maybe they do love you, they do, but they don't know it yet.

They don't know a lot of things, like how sometimes their voice or their presence or that smile are the only things that keeps you going. They don't know how hard it is, and they don't understand how happy and sad they make you all at the same time.

Sometimes you meet someone, and your heart burns. Your heart burns, and burns, and your heart keeps on burning, and you're not sure why. Sometimes it's as simple as a kiss or a touch to tell you why - to tell you that they are your home. It's them that could tell you how badly you need them without the use of words.

Sometimes you fall in love with someone whom you have such an immensely strong connection with - that it puts you through so much pain, but you never stop fighting because a connection like that is a reason to fight for them. Because a connection like that is hard to find, almost impossible. And sometimes you forget it, and fighting for them makes you feel empty, and it makes you feel vulnerable and it makes you tired and it makes you want to give up.

The X Factor was an experience that came across Camila and Lauren's lives and changed them. That experience gave them each other, and they gave each other more experiences to cherish forever; experiences that will be stories told someday in years.

Camila fell in love with someone who didn't love her back.

She thought maybe Lauren wasn't meant to love her back or maybe it wasn't her time yet. Camila didn't know that Lauren did love her, she did, but Lauren just didn't know it yet.

Lauren didn't know a lot of things, like how her voice or her presence or her smile were the only things that kept Camila going. Lauren didn't know how hard it was for Camila, and Lauren didn't understand how she could make her best friend so happy and sad all at the same time.

Lauren met someone, and her heart burned. Her heart burned, and burned and her heart kept on burning, and she wasn't sure of why. But it was as simple as a kiss or a touch to tell her why - to tell her that Camila was her home. It's Camila who told Lauren how badly she needed the younger girl without the actual use of words.

Camila fell in love with someone whom she had such an immensely strong connection with - that it put her through so much pain. But she never stopped fighting for her, because a connection like that was a reason to fight for Lauren. Because a connection like that is hard to find, almost impossible. And sometimes Camila forgot that, and fighting for Lauren made her feel empty, and it made her feel vulnerable and it made her feel tired and it made her want to give up.

And it was because it hurt when she looked at Lauren and it hurt when she didn't. And it hurt when she was with Lauren, and it hurt when she wasn't. And it hurt when she heard Lauren's voice, and it hurt when she couldn't.

It was because it was hard and it was tough and it sucked. It fucking sucked because how was Camila supposed to concentrate when her mind felt implosive both when Lauren was in her life and when she wasn't?

And it only took Lauren several months and soft touches and intimate glances and confusing, unexplanatory pain or butterflies for her to realize what it felt like to be in love. She realized it hurt when Camila didn't look at her and it hurt when Camila wasn't with her and it hurt when Camila didn't speak to her.