Chapter 13

Lilliana POV

I woke up, and smiled. I am happy, and sad. Today was the day. The day my Mom passed away. I will be seeing my Mom at her grave today, but I still miss her that reminds me of what happened.

Ring! Ring!

My alarm started ringing, and I looked at the time. 7:30 AM.

Oh shit.. I'm going to be late!!

I started to run out of my bed, almost falling face first. I took a bath, and wore my favorite clothes, obviously decent, because I am meeting Mom.

I wore a black dress that goes down to my knees, with a sweetheart neckline, with three-fourths sleeves that were lace

I wore a black dress that goes down to my knees, with a sweetheart neckline, with three-fourths sleeves that were lace. I wore a small necklace with a silver heart pendent, and the bracelet that my mom gave me. Dad, Damien, Aaliyah, the children and I went to the graveyard. It was a long ride there, and no one talked. Maybe just the kids, because they didn't know what day it was. They started laughing, and talking really loud, but everyone else, they just looked out of the window, looked down, or just stayed quiet.

Once we arrived, we were at a graveyard. To get to Mom's grave, you had to walk into a forest. I remember this place. Mom, Dad, Damien and I came to this place when we were younger. There was a panther here once, but not anymore. That was about ten years ago. Mom got scratched by a panther, and it was friendly enough to leave Mom alone.

We took a small stroll, saw a small grave.

Georgia Maddox, it said. Died 2014. Was a loving Wife, and a Mother of two. We wish that you have a nice time in heaven, and you look down at us.

We stayed there, for a while, and prayed.

Mom, I hope you are happy up there. I miss you so much. I love you, and I know that you know that, but I will still tell you, that I still didn't forget you.

"Hey, come on Lilly, we're leaving. Come on." Damien called to me.

"I'll come later. You could go." I replied.

"But co-"

"I WANT TO BE ALONE!" I yelled, tears almost forming in my eyes.

"Ok, once you're ready, call me. I'll pick you up, see you later. Come on kids, let's go home." He said. I waited until they left.

I walked closer to Mom's grave.

"Hey Mom," I said, "How is life? I know, you really don't have a life now, but how are you? Mom, I really miss you. Ever since you left me, I went to my photoshoot, I am a really famous model, and I even bought a big mansion." I dug into the pocket of my sweater, and found what I was looking for. A box with a raspberry mini cheesecake inside.

"Remember this Mom? You and I used to love eating this. I still eat it, but rarely." I put it on Mom's grave. All this reminds me of what happened two years ago.

Flashback

Today is the day. The day I will probably get my drivers license. I really don't know if I am going to get it yet, but I'm trying.

"Come on, Lilliana," Mom said, "You're going to get late to your lesson!"

"Coming, coming!" I yelled from upstairs.

I ran downstairs, and took the car keys from Mom.

"Let's go," I said.

We got into the car and I wore my seatbelt, you know, safety comes first! Mom did too. I put the key into the keyhole, and turned the key. The car started. I pressed the gas pedal, and the car moved forward.

"Wow Lilliana! You could drive a car! I am so proud of you!"

I was talking to Mom, laughing and all was happy. But, one time, that one time, I had my eyes off the road. My biggest regret of my life.

"Oh my God!" Mom yelled.

I looked at the road, and there was a car coming at us. I tried to turn the steering wheel, but it was too late. The car crashed, my head hit the steering wheel, and I was unconscious.

After a while, I woke up, and I held my head.

"Where am I?" I asked

"You are in the hospital. You were in a car accident, and were found unconscious in a broken car." The nurse said.

"Oh... Okay." Suddenly, my memory started to rush back. I realized that I wasn't in that car alone... "What about my Mom!"

"Your Mom is in a critical condition. She is currently in the Emergency Room. When she was in the car-" I cut her off.

"That can't happen!" I yelled, "Nothing can happen to her. She is my Mom!"

I was going crazy. I don't know what happened to me. Tears were falling down my face, one after one.

The doctor came in, and asked the nurse to come to some place, quickly. I stayed on the hospital bed, thinking about what happened.

After a while, the nurse came back, and looked down, to the floor.

"I am very sorry Miss, but your mother passed away."

I was shocked to hear that. How? How could she leave me? I had Damien before, then he left me. Now Mom? What else do I have in my future? At least I still have Dad, but it won't be the same without Mom.

That day was the worst day of my life.

End of flashback

I felt a drop of water fall on my hand. I wiped it off, and looked up to see if it was raining. Hmm. It's not raining. I touched my cheeks, and they felt, wet. I moved my hair out of my face and wiped my face. I tried to prevent myself from crying and try to think of happy things that I did with Mom, but that made me cry more.

I silently cried, and more tears came out of my eyes, but they never stopped.