The Shadowscythe

Kitri rushed from Oaklore keep to Swordhaven. She did pass by the town of Battleon, because she needed a new staff after losing it while battling the dragon in the keep. As she reached Swordhaven, the undead army were already attacking Swordhaven's knights. She saw Artix, who was standing on top of a pile of skulls. He was consulting two people, one man, one woman. The man was holding a musket, and the woman was wielding a cutlass. She ran to Artix and greeted him.

"Artix!" she said.

"Oh, Kitri, you're here!" Artix said. "This is Gomfalion and this is Gamzati. They are pirates from the island of Lolosia."

"Oh, um, nice to meet you two!" Kitri said.

"Pleased to meet you as well, Kitri," Gomfalion replied. "Now, Artix, what must we do?"

Artix gave each person a respective task.

"Gamzati, lead the knights and kill as much undead as you can," Artix said. "Simple. You fight well?"

Gamzati stuttered. "Um, I, uh.."

"Yes, yes you do," Artix interrupted. "Kitri, target the ice mages. I need to use their ice to put out some of the fires."

"Hah! Undead flame being eaten by undead ice!" Kitri said. "On it, sir!"

"And you, Gomfalion," Artix ordered. "There is an undead giant blocking the gate of the castle. Take him out and bring me his sword."

"Got it," Gomfalion said.

And so they separated to do their respective tasks. Gamzati lead the front line of defense and began killing as much undead as she could. Kitri, was performing strategic killings on the ice mages, since they were scattered all over the place. Meanwhile, Gomfalion charged to the castle gate to confront the undead giant. He brought out his musket and attached a small blade on the edge of it. The giant charged at him and attempted a downward slash with his heavy sword. Gomfalion defended. He unattached the blade off of his musket, and cut the giant's forehead. The giant then used the side of its sword and smacked Gomfalion to the ground. It then walked towards him and attempted to stab him, but he rolled away. Gomfalion pulled out his pistol and fired it, hitting the giant's rib. The giant then attempted to slash the lower portion of Gomfalion's body. Gomfalion jumped to the side, and fired his musket in mid air, and the bullet landed on the giants face, killing it. As Gomfalion landed from his jump, hi rolled on the floor and got back up. He then took the giant's sword and brought it to Artix, who was already using the mages' ice to put out the fires.

"Great, the giant's sword!" Artix exclaimed. "Now, I need you three to proceed to the castle. There, you will meet Robina, the king's daughter. She will give you your next tasks."

"Alright," Gamzati said. "Thank you, Sir Artix."

"Uhm, you don't have to address me with a 'sir'," said Artix as the three rushed to the castle. As they went in, the first thing they noticed was a conversation between two knights.

"Did you see it?"

"See what?"

"THAT."

The knight pointed out the window.

"OH... MY... GO-"

A flash of lightning struck before he finished his phrase.

"I've heard stories but I never dreamed it could be true!"

"It's Sepulchure's flying castle, on the back of the largest dragon that ever existed!"

"We are so boned."

"Bad choice of words, friend."

"This is a grave situation."

"Ugh."

Undead knights began breaking the castle gate. The knights made ready for defense. Gomfalion, Gamzati, and Kitri consulted Robina, Alteon's daughter.

"This is bad!" Robina said. "The castle has been overrun by Sepulchure's elite undead forces. We must defend the throne room and protect the king!"

"I see," Gomfalion said. "We need to figure out how they got here, and how we can outnumber them."

"Yes, that question was running through my head the whole time," Robina explained. "How did they form their armies from the flying castle?"

"Wait, hold on," Gamzati said. "Gomfalion, remember when they attacked Lolosia?"

"Yes, why?" Gomfalion said.

"Remember how the undead skeletons jumped off and attacked us from the water as we fired our muskets at them?" Gamzati asked. "It could be the same here."

"You're right, Gamzati," said Kitri. "They had the same tactics when they attacked Oaklore."

"Great... Now this has become even worse," Robina said. "The undead are being dropped right out of the flying fortress? And Sepulchure is in the castle too? We need to protect the castle at all costs! Gamzati, Kitri, kill as many undead as you can. Bring me their skulls."

"On it," Kitri said. "Wait, do you really mean it by bringing their skulls?"

"Yes, I do," Robina replied.

"Wait, what?" Gamzati said, confused.

"We need it to assure safety to the king," Gomfalion explained. "And we can also use it to our advantage, like forming a barricade of skulls, or just simply throwing them at the enemy."

"Got it," Gamzati said. "Kitri, let's go."

"And you, Gomfalion," Robina ordered. "I need you to do the, uh, sneaky job..."

"Okay, what do you mean by that?" Gomfalion asked.

"I need you to consult the knights and figure out what really is going on, and how we can stop the undead army," Robina commanded.

"I'm on it," Gomfalion said. He went around the castle and consulted the knights. The knights had their own exclamations and battle plans.

"Use the bones of the fallen as barricades!"

"Fight them near the window, for they may fall off!"

Other battle plans started filling Gomfalion's mind. He then consulted a knight near the throne room. The knight was... smarter than he looked. He told about Sepulchure's back story, and how the Shadowscythe was formed.

"Sepulchure is known as the leader of the Shadowscythe, and a knight of darkness and doom. That's what everyone knows about," said the knight. "But only few know about his history."

"Do you know? I need information," Gomfalion said.

"So, Sepulchure was once King Alteon's greatest knight. They were best friends," the knight said. "But due to a stupid love triangle, they separated. Eventually, Alteon won the girl, but Sepulchure swore vengeance, thus he found the power of darkness. And he became Sepulchure."

"Became Sepulchure?" Gomfalion was alarmed. "What was his original name?"

"Valen," the knight said.

"I knew it!" Gomfalion exclaimed.

"Yes, only the Dreadhaven rebels know about that," the knight said. "And now, you do too."

"Dreadhaven rebels? Wait, what is your name?" Gomfalion asked.

"Um, I am Gonvar," said the knight.

"Gonvar! It's me! Gomfalion!" Gomfalion said.

"I can't believe it! It IS you!" Gonvar said. "I recommend you to go to the throne room. Alteon would be delighted to see you."

"I will," Gomfalion said. "Thanks for the information. I must inform Robina."

"Go ahead," Gonvar replied. "I need to fend off these undead nincompoops."

So Gomfalion rushed back to Robina with a piece of paper with all the information needed.

"Thank you for talking to the knights," Robina thanked. "I'm glad you're on our side. Now, I will hold the rest off while you proceed to the throne room. You must protect my... um... the king!"

Gomfalion proceeded to the throne room. He met up with his old friend, King Alteon.