Home

Lydia walked home carrying five different books for physics and world history. She walked into her house, which was unlocked as usual since nobody robbed anyone here, and placed her books in her desk drawers. She grabbed a loaf of bread and tore off a piece, put a piece of goat cheese on top, and heated it to make grilled cheese without the grill. She headed to her room and thought about why Mr Wellington would send her to the counselor. Sure, she had no friends and no parents that were really ever around...Hmmm, maybe her life was bad enough for the counselor to talk to her about it. She ought to ask him about it. She took off her school clothes and threw on a short nightgown that was purple like her sweater. It was very soft, like cotton yet smooth like silk. She turned off her lights, as now it was around ten p.m. She grabbed her homework and finished it two hours later, then went to sleep. Around 2 am she woke up. She had dreamt of something she hadn't dreamt of in a long time, becoming dead, yet alive at the same time. This sent chills down her spine. She had this dream years ago, when she had first gone to school. She had imagined selling her soul to the lord of the underworld so her family could stay in Damascus. She had ended up working too, even after selling everything, she still ended up in this dreadful school! Too bad that wasn't real though, then she could at least say she tried... if only she could change her life with the snap of her fingers. She gave up worrying about this and tried to fall back to sleep. About half an hour after falling asleep, her parents walked in the door carrying two lottery tickets each. They scribbled for a while and found that they got absolutely nothing but wasted money from the lottery tickets... how would they break it to Lydia that they wasted money?