The New Student?

Lydia woke up the next morning with a crick in her neck. The beds they had were just wood platforms that looked like table with an itchy wool mattress and a wool pillow. There were no sheets at all. Lydia almost always slept with her head to the side and her hands folded across her chest. She decided she needed to get up now anyway. She threw on a silvery blue apron dress with her newly cleaned (by Chloe) sweater. Her flat shoes that were a light tan went perfectly with this outfit. Her hair was in a waterfall braid. She ate an apple and headed to school. She headed to physics the second she got there. This way, she could sit in the back and not in front of Chloe. The only issue, though, is that today there was another student already in the room. He was sitting in her seat. He had light blue, no, teal hair and had headphones covering his ears. Lydia couldn't see his face, because he had one hand covering his face while his left hand was drawing a quite realistic drawing of a dead woman with a bunch of flowers that seemed to be falling from above her. Lydia wondered, as she sat beside him, if the woman was under flowers or if someone, maybe her killer, was dropping them atop her body. She tried to get his attention and asked "Umm, you're in my seat. Please move. Hello? Hello?"  Lydia reached for his pencil when the Mr Wellington came in. "Miss Meyers, please welcome our new student, his name is Nico, Nico Solace." Lydia meekly waved towards him and he saluted her. Lydia complimented him on his drawing to which he explained that it was indeed the killer who was dropped the falling flowers onto the dead woman. Lydia moved her desk beside his and they talked for awhile about the beauty of art. It turned out that Nico and Lydia had lunch and art together too. Too bad Lydia had to see the counselor today during art. She once again wondered what the counselor would speak to her about. She decided not to worry about it until then.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

At lunch, Lydia finally had somebody to sit with. That's when Nico showed Lydia a contract to sell her soul to the lord of the underworld. He said it was a funny joke and they both had a laugh, which showed how beautifully Nico laughed. Actually, it was more like a giggle. His hair, well his regular, non dyed hair, was a mixture of black(he said it was like his soul) and blond(like the sun). Lydia jokingly signed the contract and then lunch was over.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

In art class, Lydia wanted Nico to take the seat next to her, but had to sit next to Chloe. Chloe immediately started commenting about how ugly Nico was alone. She said that he and Lydia could be the most beautifully ugly couple ever. Later though, surprisingly, Lydia and Nico were called to go see the counselor.