Lydia, the Girl Nobody Knows...

Lydia Meyers was always the girl with average grades, few friends, and spoke very little in class. She loved to draw, well, anything. She would draw beautiful little pictures of people, caricatures, and even bloody and gory dead people. The thing that interested her most, though, was coloring her drawings. Adding detail like definitions in dark marks or pimples, even just a rosy pink nose. Her parents were just barely managing to keep their house so she never really saw them, except for the rare occurrence when they were home for dinner... Though she was typically asleep when they got home, they always came in and hummed little songs that were upbeat and happy, since she was prone to having nightmares until she was fourteen. That was really the only time that they were really around, is when something bad happened. Lydia always wanted them around, though. She also wanted to go back to her old school in Damascus, Virginia. But she had recently moved to a city called Townsend in Angola. Her father had gotten a job and decided to move everyone, causing both her mom and Lydia, to move away from everything they knew. Lydia went to Jefferson Private Academy. Lydia was constantly teased about her family and her having no friends. She was, after all, only here because it was the only school that gave scholarships as every school in Townsend was payed for by admission fees. Lydia was only getting an A+ (the schools average grade as it was for advanced students) in one class. Art. Lydia knew, though, that if her grade dropped down to an F(the school had two grades; A or F) she, and her family would be removed from the school and be placed in a disciplinary academy as the standards were set by the government as this was a rich, academically succeeding town. The only reasons poor families were here is because someone needed to work as servants for these higher, succeeding, families.