epilogue

The sunlight streaming in through the bedroom windows had woken me up. As I was stretching, I felt a pair of arms tightening around me. With a soft chuckle, I turned around, facing Aisha as she smiled at me sleepily, her eyes slowly adjusting to the bright light.

"Good morning jaan," I murmured, kissing her lips gently before, hooking her thigh around my waist. She let out a soft moan, gripping my bicep tightly as I teased her, gently biting her lower lip.

"Mm, definitely a good morning," she whispered, rolling onto her back as I tugged at her camisole, raising it above her stomach, kissing every inch of her skin as she tangled her fingers in my hair. I placed a hand on her belly, a soft smile on my face. She grabbed my hand, moving it to the side where I felt a soft nudge.

"He's very active this morning," I said, propping my head up on my elbow.

"He is," she replied, running her fingers through my hair slowly. "He was kicking all throughout the night. It wasn't painful or anything though, somewhat soothing."

"One more month," I whispered, kissing her lips softly.

We were silent for a moment, her hand on top of mine as I gently rubbed her stomach. She pulled away after a moment, swinging her legs over the bed slowly, standing up as she cupped the bottom of her stomach, heading into the bathroom. I lingered in bed for a few more minutes before heading into the bathroom after her as we freshened up.

"Can you go wake Kevin up and get him ready babe?" she asked, stripping her clothes as she stepped into the shower. My eyes lingered on her body a little too long and she rolled her eyes, closing the shower door.

I shook my head, chuckling to myself as I headed into Kevin's room. To my surprise, he wasn't in his room. I headed downstairs, hearing the muffled sound of the TV. With a chuckle, I headed into the living room, finding him sitting on the couch, a half eaten chocolate chip cookie in his hand with a cartoon playing.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked, making him jump. He grinned sheepishly, stuffing the rest of the cookie into his mouth.

"Hi Daddy," he said, his words coming out jumbled from the cookie.

I couldn't help but laugh and joined him on the couch. "Where's my morning kiss?" I asked. He stood up and wrapped his arms around my neck, kissing my cheek, leaving crumbs on my face.

"Are you going to tell Mommy?" he asked, chocolate brown eyes wide open.

I chuckled, ruffling his curly brown hair that reached past his neck. "I won't if you go and get ready to visit Grandpa," I said.

"Okay!" he said, jumping off the couch, grabbing my hand as he led me back into his bedroom. "Can I pick my outfit?"

"Sure kiddo," I replied, "as long as Mommy approves it."

He rifled through his closet, grabbing a navy blue sweater he tended to always want to wear and a pair of jeans. I helped him remove his clothes and put the clothes he chose on. As I was brushing his curls, Aisha appeared, dressed in a simple long sleeved red, knee length dress, a pair of stocking covering her legs and flats.

"Good morning Mama," Kevin said, rushing to her side, attempting to wrap his arms around her waist, making her laugh softly.

I walked over to her side, lifting Kevin off the ground as he leaned down, kissing her cheek. "Good morning baby," she said, kissing his cheek. "Are you ready to go see Grandpa and Nani?"

"Yeah!" he exclaimed, grinning. "Will I get more presents?"

The two of us laughed and she ruffled his hair. "Yes baby," she answered as I set him down on the ground.