Chapter 19

Hitomi's pov
A frown soon overcame my laughter as I looked at him madly and muttered "What do you mean?" Micah looked at me startled from the quick change of mood.

"W-Well you don't talk or show much emotion and I always think that you're just being ignorant towards the people around you..." Said Micah.

I glared at him and said "Don't mistake my silence for ignorance. Can I go inside now it's cold here." Micah nodded and called Fifi to most likely take the dog back to the cage. I stood up and then looked back at the door. I walked into the house silently and looked around.

Micah's mom was nowhere in sight. I continued venturing the home to find many things like potted plants in the kitchen window, paintings hanging on the walls, and... as I walked passed the bathroom door I noticed a night table stacked with family pictures. I walked towards it and bent down to look closer at the neatly framed pitures.

There was one with a small kid and a red cap on smiling brightly. Along with the small boy stood two tall fugures. The Mom and the Dad. I felt my heart sink as I saw more pictures.

"A picture perfect family. Eh? Haha..." I chuckled lightly as I felt something wet fall onto my cheek. I felt myself sink on the floor as I remember my cruel Dad and my dead Mom. Micah has both of them alive.

They're most likely both set and nice. While mine is cruel and the other is gone. I'm jealous . This has always happened when I have once gone to people's houses.... I grabbed my face with my hand as I muttered silently to myself "Stupid.Stupid.Stupid!" I felt my hand get moist from the tears.

I sighed trying to silence myself and not get anyone's attention. Music . My mind thought as I reached into my shirt to get them. I plugged my ear buds to the music player and looked through my songs. I still felt tears rolling down my cheeks as I quickly picked any song.

Play music optional

I steadied my breathing as I felt a wave of relief wash over me. As you can see, music is my only escape from the cruel world. I'm dark, depressed, and useless. I shouldn't be in this world. One less person won't hurt, right?

One useless neglected person right? I'm not wrong. Maybe that's why so many people tell me to die, maybe that's why my father hates me. They all know that I'm useless, unnecessary, unproductive, and a killer.

Mom wants me dead and I'm sure the whole world knows that. Why isn't the music working?! It's one of my favorites, it's happy... Why isn't it working!? I was frustrated as I grabbed my music player and looked for a different song. Frantically I looked for one of my favorite songs.

But none worked... I laughed in displeasure again and smiled to myself.
"Well aren't I so lucky!" I sarcastically said.

I stayed silent and I heard a distant call of my name. It was Micah. He was looking for me. Frantically I wiped the tears off my face and tried to stop myself from sobbing. I held my breath and pinched my arm forcefully, I put away my music player and ear buds again.

Still pinching my arm, I put my left and right arm behind me in a position that would look casual. I walked out of the house once again not wanting to venture anymore. "I'm here!" I yelled out.

There walks a sound of grass shuffling so I turned sound and saw Micah. He stood there and once he saw me he smiled brightly. I looked away from his blinding smile and asked "Is there food...? I'm pretty hungry.."

Micah chuckled and said, while patting his belly "Yeah! Food!!" I felt a smile grow on my face instantly despite the fact of my jealousy towards him... Micah soon started to walk towards me, as he passed me he intertwined my hand with his pulling me inside the house.

I felt a warm sensation on my cheek grow. I softened my gaze and fixated my eyes on our hands. His warmth comforting me, it was like a barrier. A barrier to protect all the rude comments and hatred towards me.

Micah stopped and turned to me, his cheeks were tinted red, "Uhh... I'll be right back!" He yelled as he let go of my hand, his warmth leaving with him. I let my arm fall to my side as I felt a horrible feeling take over me. I lifted up my hand that Micah held and looked at it. My pale skin from the lack of going outside, the couple of scars that covered most of my arm.

Scars. A sudden idea than crossed my mind, a small smile grew on my face of the thought. But soon it was replaced with a frown. But what if he doesn't notice it? All the what ifs and maybes flooded my mind until a squeaky voice in my head said Who cares if he doesn't. It's worth a try. Right..?

"I guess I should try.."

A/N Sorry for not updating writers block and a ton of homework. Be sure to look out for Unwanted because I'll be updating that one soon.! I'll try to make one over the weekend and on veterans day! Hopefully you all have a great rest of the day so bye! :3