SEOKJIN

soulmate! au // QUOTE
~~
The night sky fell upon the country, stars twinkling brightly in the sky, accompanying the moon up high. Street lights were on, shining over roads for the cars that pass by. Everyone was asleep except for me.

I stared at the quote on my hand, like every other night since I could remember. It was a habit I could never get rid of. My father told me that the quote on my hands was the first thing my soulmate would say when he will meet me. I had many questions on why the world was like this but I chose not to ask.

I moved over and stared at the window. Is he staring at the same night sky as me? Is he from the same country as me? Would he be nice to me? Massaging my head, I decided for the questions to wait to be answered.

¤¤¤

The sun was up and I did not even realise that I fell asleep. I rubbed my eyes and stretched, getting up to freshen up.

As I moved towards the toilet from my room, my siblings were rushing to get their uniform on as they went downstairs towards the living room. Giggling, it's a good thing for me that I've already graduated but I'm still living with my parents since they are precious to me. Why would I leave them as they grow old?

After freshening up, I went downstairs to have a lovely breakfast with my two younger siblings and parents. The two chomped down the food, earning a "please quieten down" look from my mother. Once they finished, they got up from their seats and kissed mom and dad farewell before scurrying off to put on their shoes.

Taking their lunch from the counter, I went over to them and gave it to them, "Don't forget your lunch. I'm pretty sure you both don't want to eat the canteen food."

They thanked me and rushed out of the door, almost forgetting their lunch after I reminded them. I went back to my parents to inform them that I would be going out with a friend.

¤¤¤

I sat on the bench, waiting for my friend to arrive. The mall was not full since it was a weekday and morning.

Suddenly,  pair of hands dropped on my shoulders, accompanied with a terrifyingly loud "boo!". I jumped and screamed, tripping backwards and onto a passerby. Wonderful.

We landed on the ground with a thud. I quickly got up and helped him up, bowing profusely, too flustered to speak a word.

"Are you alright? You had quite a fall there."

Did he just say the quote on my hand? He looked at me worriedly, wondering why I was not speaking.

"Are you shocked from the fall? Is your back alright?"

"O-Oh my gah."

The man's face reddened, did he realise it too? I gathered the courage and asked him,"Are you my soulmate?"

He merely nodded, surprised to utter a word. My shoulders were finally at ease and the breath I was holding the whole time was released.

"Bravo! Bravo! Such a beautiful scene!" My friend clapped, wiping a fake tear from her eye.

What a way to ruin the moment. Yet, I was grateful for it, considering the fact that the atmosphere was too awkward to handle. The man laughed, his smile was contagious, hence, I couldn't help but laugh with him.

"I'm Seokjin, but you can call me Jin," he extended his hand for a handshake.

"I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you," I returned it with a smile.

END
omfg there's like 500+ words for this. I WROTE TOO MUCH FOR THE INTRO??? AND ITS SO IRRELEVANT ;-; IM SO SORRYYYY 😅😭

and part 50!!! woohoo thank you for reading his book thus far! please look forward to more of my stories!!