Good Bye Weapons Manufacturing Division of Stark International (Ltd.)

A/N: WOW! I actually managed to update twice a week. A dream come true! Let us carry onwards, my wayward readers!

'Okay,'  Rhodey continued, shrugging off his tears, as they entered the aircraft 'Who's he?'

Tony acted affronted, all while grinning inside. 'My, my Rhodey! You are getting quite slow. This is Yinsen, Ho Yinsen,' he paused for the expected eyeroll,' a doctor and a son of the sun, if you'll excuse the pun,' And that was it. No more was discussed during the plane ride.

As the  plane landed, medics started hovering around Tony, which annoyed him to no end. Soon, the plane finally landed and the cockpit opened. Tony got up from the wheelchair he was forced to sit in and got down as Rhodey being his extremely concerned self watched his every step and so did Yinsen, both of them hovering like the mother hens they were. As he got down, Pepper grinned, wide and happy and Sofya, who, surprisingly, was there, frowned, looking over him as a mother would until she was finally satisfied and offered a smile, even though it was miniscule and to others she was probably stone faced.

Tony gave Pepper a scrutinizing look. 'Your eyes are red. Few tears for your long lost boss?' He then turned to Sofya,'Even my PA cried! You look far too happy!' he accused.

Sofya and Pepper answered in unison.

'Tears of joy. I hate job-hunting.'

'It's horrendous working alone.'

At that, he turned serious.' Yeah? Well, vacation's over.' With that they got into the car.

As the car speeded ahead, Pepper finally asked about Yinsen and Sofya raised an eyebrow towards him o which both got a quick intro, similar to the one Rhodey got and a post-press-conference for the impending question of work. 

It wasn't that Tony hated work. Work just signified his power and, while Tony could see it's uses, having to use it made his stomach churn. So, he held off things as much as possible, especially work. 

------------------------*******************************-----------------------------------------------------------

After getting his burger, the four of them (including Happy) left to the venue of the press conference. Once he got there, Tony separated from the others and went toward the stands while Sofya stayed around the front and Pepper stood at the back where Rhodey joined her. 

'Hey, would it be alright if everyone sat down? That way you can see me and I can see you. A little less formal and...' Tony bit into his burger.

Rhodey whispered to Pepper and Sofya 'What's up with the love-in?'

'Don't look at me. I don't know what he's up to' replied Pepper. The corner of Sofya's lip just tightened.

Tony continued,'I never got to say goodbye to dad. I never got to say goodbye to my father. There are questions that I would've asked him. I would've asked him how he felt about what this company did. If he was conflicted, if he ever had doubts. Or maybe he was every inch the man from we all remember from the newsreels.

I saw young American get killed by the very weapons I created to protect them. And I saw that I had become part of a system that is comfortable with zero accountability.'

Reporters started murmuring.

'Mr. Stark'

'Hey Bob'

'What happened over there?'

'I... I had my eyes opened. I came to realize I had more to offer to this world than just making things that blow up. And that is why, effective immediately, I am shutting down the weapons manufacturing division of Stark International until such a time as I can decide what the future of the company is going to be.' Obadiah tries to stop him,' What direction it should take, one that I am comfortable with and is consistent with the highest good for this country, as well.'

Tony left as Obadiah tried to control the damage.

A/N: I am so sorry for the delay. I have been swarmed with work and just cannot gt the time to upload. I had started this the next day after the previous upload but couldn't finish it. I'll  try for a quicker (and longer) update next time.

Apologetically,

Sophia E