03 | paranoia

03 | paranoia

(n) a feeling that one does not know the whole truth or that someone else is not being truthful

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dear diary,

        I had my first session today and it was thrilling. My patient was the Joker and he is absolutely Marvellous. He has this way with his words and it left me speechless most of the time. How can someone so clever turn out to be a murderer, a serial-killer? He could do extraordinary things if he was good.

        And so, I have made up my mind to cure him and take him seriously. He was simply fascinating and I can't wait for his answers to my questions tomorrow. I will be having two hour sessions with him from tomorrow.

I closed my diary and sighed, placing the tips of my fingers on the bridge of my nose. I did some neck exercises and opened my eyes, resting my head on the chair and looked above at the ceiling.

I frowned.

The ceiling was green in colour and the last time I checked, it was plain white. I stood up from my chair and looked closely at the ceiling. I walked out of my room to go to the kitchen to grab myself some water and I stopped mid-way when I realised that all the ceilings in my apartment were green. A bright green.

Something is wrong.

I definitely remember my ceiling being white.

Did I come inside the wrong apartment?

I looked around and saw all my belongings scattered around. Just as usual.

I immediately became terrified. I stood rooted to the spot, not knowing what to do.

Maybe I am just confusing myself.

Maybe they were green all the time.

I decided to go to sleep and end this weird day. Laying down on my bed, I felt something hit my head through my pillow and I frowned, lifting up my head. I took my pillow and digged my hands inside them. I dug out a letter from it and my hands trembled. It was green.

Dear Dr. Harleen Quinzel,

      Hope you love your new ceiling colour so that you get reminded of my hair colour everyday. Have a good night.

Yours faithfully,
Mr. J

My breath stuck in my throat and I suddenly felt weak and vulnerable. I grabbed my covers and put them over myself, throwing the green envelope far away like as if it was a vile thing.

Joker.

His hair is green colour.

It doesn't take a genious to figure it out.

How did he put this letter here?

He is in Arkham Asylum.

Did he break out or something?

What am I going to do?

A million thoughts circled through my head and I couldn't sleep a wink that night.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬