27 | trigger

27 | trigger

(n) an event that is the cause of a particular action, process, or situation

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                    The smile on his face dropped. And, silence followed. Pin drop silence. No one moved. No one spoke. And, I didn't have any idea what was going on his mind.

His blue eyes were intense, cold and rigid, piercing through my soul. My heart raced like never before.

"You ... want to stay?" He asked, slowly, in a very low voice, tilting his head to the side. "May I ask why?"

Why did I want to stay?

Because, you are in love with him.

Do I tell him that?

I let out a shaky breath and my heart pounded like a high school marching band, trying to get out of my chest.

"Because my life has been better since the day I met you." I breathed out, closing my eyes, and I didn't want to see his face. I was too afraid that I would not get the reaction I expected.

"What are you trying to ... imply?" His voice low, and he walked closer towards me. I was inches away from him, trying to calm my erratic breathing. My heart throbbed against my ribcage.

"I want you." I said, looking directly into his cerulean eyes, confidence surging through my veins. "I want you in every way there is to want a person."

Time stopped. He was not moving. He was just staring deep into my blue eyes. Trying to find something in me, and I didn't know what he was searching for. I desperately wanted his acceptance, but it seemed like I wasn't going to get any.

"I'm not ... a person." He held up his finger infront of me, before continuing, "I'm chaos. I'm disaster. I'm enjoyment. I can't be wanted." He said, waving his hands in the air, and finally placed his tattooed mouth hand over his mouth and laughed.

I was determined.

"If you are chaos, I will be your havoc, If you are disaster, I will be your catastrophe, If you are enjoyment, I will be your fun." I said, never looking away from his intense eyes.

He purred.

"No, no, no, no, no, no." He said, softly, like trying to stop a stubborn child. "I don't wish to be wanted. You ... should go home now." A wide grin made its way on his face.

"I'm not leaving." I said, and stood my ground, anger filling me along with hurt.

It hurts when the person who made you feel so special yesterday makes you feel so unwanted today.

"You are ... leaving, little miss stubborn." He said, placing his hands on my shoulders gently and bent his head low so that his eyes are in level with my eyes.

"No." I said, determined, crossing my arms across my chest. If I had stomped my feet, I would definitely look like a child who wants candy.

He is my candy.

For a second, I could feel his body tensing. His icy blue eyes had a deadness, a stillness. The unmoving gaze was accompanied by deliberate slow breathing, his shoulders moving up and down, like he was fighting something back and losing. He growled, in an animalistic way and it tingled my skin.

For a second, an emotion flashed through his eyes. And, my breath came to an halt. It was the first time I had seen that emotion in his eyes and I felt overwhelmed. I knew the emotion way to well, because I have seen that in my mirror in my very own eyes.

Fear.

Why?

Was he afraid of me?

Was he afraid that I'm tricking him?

Maybe, he is.

"I will prove it." I blurted before I could stop myself. "Tell me what to do so that you will let me stay. Tell me." I begged, whispering most of the sentence.

A wide grin replaced his intense features and he laughed, flipping his head back, his hands removed from my shoulders and I immediately missed the warmth of his hand. The laugh was in his cerulean eyes, in the way his face changed into that vision of relaxed joy and unrestrained mirth.

"Ohhh ..." He dragged. "You won't do it." He said, walking around me as I stood, and he was now behind me.

"I will." I said, determined.

"Prove me wrong babe." He said, breathing it into my ear, from behind, the tips of his fingers stroking down my right arm like a feather. So gently. Barely touching.

I shivered.

His hand reached my hand with the gun and he pulled it up so that I was pointing the gun, at the man sitting on the chair, whom I had forgotten was in this room too. My eyes went to his hands and I bit my lip. They were full of rings and I liked that look of him.

"Pull the trigger." He whispered in my ear, his warm breath on my cold skin and it made me slightly dizzy with desire.

He wants me to shoot the guy.

Can I do that?

Taking a life away from someone.

I knew I was determined to do anything for him, but shooting someone for him? Killing for him? My heart raced, and I took a sharp intake of breath, trying to ignore the shiver down my spine and goosebumps erupting on my skin at his touch.

His hand left my hand and he walked in front of me, giving a wide grin to the terrified man, and stood behind the chair he was seated on. He placed his pale hands on the chair and looked at me.

"This lovely young man." Mr. J bellowed, pointing at the man on the chair. "Betrayed me. He deserves a bullet in his body somewhere, don't you think ... doctor?" He said, and widened his arms, giving me a grin.

I could see that he was enjoying this moment way too well.

He walked towards me, and leaned forward, his lips brushing my ear.

"Prove me wrong." He whispered into my ear and I pursed my lips, looking at the man infront of me, trying to find any reason to shoot him.

He betrayed Mr. J Harley, shoot him! Pull the trigger!

Was he seriously expecting me to back out from this? I'm so going to prove him wrong. I was never one to back out from a dare, ever since I was young. And, I'm especially not backing out from this one.

My finger curled around the trigger. I can feel my pulse pounding in my temples. My free hand turns into a fist, nails digging into my flesh, almost drawing blood. I closed my eyes and let out a breath. Before looking at the terrified man infront of me one last time, I pulled the trigger. The bullet spat out of the metal black gun. It hit the man in the chest, propelling him backward. Blood stained his white shirt. He was dead before the gunshot reached my ears.

"Congratulations!" Mr. J yelled, clapping his hands togther happily, he laughed and came right infront of me, looking deep into my eyes.

"You are welcome to stay now."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hey everyone!

If you were in her position, would you guys have shot him?

Comment, vote and share.