24 | pain

24 | pain

(n) highly unpleasant physical sensation caused by illness or injury

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

11:59:57 seconds

Three.

Two.

One.

The gunshots cracked into the air as loud as thunder but without the raw power of a storm. In comparison they were tiny and small, coming from one direction only. Even if they could have been mistaken for the cracks of an oncoming squall there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

It has begun.

I had done everything he said perfectly and now it was my time to go home. Following that order, I was out of the building and walking towards my red car already.

That's when I felt two strong arms grab my shoulders and turn me around. I became alarmed immediately and tried to pull away, but that person was too strong. As his meaty hand clasped over my mouth I opened up and bit him hard, kicking out with my feet and my screams were muffled by his hand and the gunshots. In short seconds, he had pulled me over his shoulder and left the place, towards the buliding.

Inside the building was a massacre, they are cold and pale. So pale. The life that had dwelt within them has gone and they are safe from the perils of this world. No harm can come to them now. Hearts that used to beat with love are still. Minds that felt so many emotions are blank. Their deathly white skin pulled tight against their bones, their eyes open wide, staring bloody murder at me.

I repeatedly drummed my fingers at his back, and he groaned. "I'm not the person you need. I'm Dr. Quinzel." I plead, trying to pull away but couldn't

"That's exactly the person Boss wants." A very deep and rough voice said, having a mexican accent to it.

Boss?

Who would want me?

Could it be Mr. J?

If it is, why would he need me?

Million thoughts circled my mind and worry etched my face.

I looked around and saw men, dressed in all black, having weird masks and head gear to cover their faces.

What? Is this a halloween party?

In a matter of seconds, I was placed on a table, a metal table I assumed, because it was so cold, suddenly another man dressed in a neat suit, grabbed my arms and pulled me down to the table.

I got a clear view of the person and realised it was Mr. Frost.

It was indeed Mr. J who had wanted me. What did I do wrong?

I did everything perfectly, just like he had told me.

I couldn't breath, it felt as if someone was choking me. My heart was racing. I didn't remember being this scared in my life. It seemed as if this was the end of the road for me.

"Let go of me." I said, in a meek voice, knowing I won't be able to escape anymore, Mr. Frost strapped me to the metal table and I cursed under my breath.

But, a tiny part of my heart, jumped in a joy in seeing Mr. J and feeling proud, because he wants to see me. I tried to push that thought away and not think crazily.

Laughter.

I heard a laugh. Not just any laugh, the laugh of evil himself. The laugh that makes you cower in fear and make shivers travel down your spine. The eerie laugh that makes your skin tingle and make you realise that you are in a hell load of shit.