Chap:15

Being poor again was not tough at all for Virginia.She was habitual to it but being poor with Max was really tough because he was never poor.He did not know how to spend money with limited income resources.Virginia could survive when there was no money but Max did not know any other life style.

Virginia tried to teach him grocery shopping but he ignored everything and put all the expensive items in their trolley. When Virginia lost her patience and almost scolded him ,he took it to his heart and went to a silent corner and sat there for an hour ,pouting.Virginia felt so bad for him.After that,she went to shopping all by herself.

Max had this habit to buy expensive underwear and wear them only once and then threw them.Virginia tried to convince him to give up this habit but he did not agree.Virginia started collecting his once-worn-and-thrown underwear and then washed them gently.She pressed them carefully and packed them and present them as new to Max.

Max was habitual to massages and Virginia learnt to massage him to stop him going to expensive places.Rich Max was a strong man but poor Max was a needy child.He seek for attention and fought for her approval.

Max was looking for job desperately.But he could not find any.He was famous for ruining a well established company.All the media had his failure stories.None could remember once he was very successful too.He was a rich heir who ruined everything.None could recall her took his father's company to anther level and ran it successfully for ten years.Once he was a revolutionary and now he was just stupid.

Max used to wonder,Was it only my success that made me look great?Or i have some real ability.Am i a stupid man who has been so lucky Or am i a wise person who is being unlucky?

Losing everything was not that tough but he was losing his faith in himself.He had this image of himself that was bigger than other people.He always felt a greater sense of duty because he never felt ordinary.He was raised to be bigger,greater.But now he was an ordinary person.He wanted to act same but he could not.

They walked to their destinations and cooked food at home.They tried to cut their expenses as low as they could.But there were still some debts he was suppose to pay.He still had his mansion and his office building.But he was desperately seeking for the buyer.Every night he thought of many business ideas.

Virginia was not affected much by the situation and he wondered.She slept in peace and woke up happy.Her only concern was him.She was worried about him all the time.Everyday she woke up and looked at his face.Even in sleep he looked worried to her.

That day he came after a rejection from an interview and told her he wanted to talk after lunch.Virginia got sick in her stomach.She was worried what was coming.When they were sitting in his study,he told her.

"Virginia,i love you and i am so lucky that you are my wife"

Virginia's hearth was thumping in her chest.

"My degree can be used in other industries and i am looking for a job actively but its hard to find one...Virginia,you have great ability,everyone in this phone industry knows you as a great genius...the thing is...if you try to find any job none will hire you because you are my wife if-"

"No"Virginia jumped and grabbed his collar.

"Virginia,You can have better life"

"No,no,no,no i don't want to hear this"

Max rose up from his seat.Virginia was still holding his collar.He walked away.

"Wait,are yo leaving me.you can't leave me"

"Virginia,that's for your own good"

"That fucking bull shit"

Max walked to their bedroom and started packing and Virginia started throwing his cloths from his suit case.He opened her closet to see if he had any cloths there and he saw his used underwear there.