Chapter 43

I stretch my arms and turn around. Gary was not on the bed with me. I grab my robe and walk downstairs. There is a note on the kitchen counter.

" Sorry I couldn't stay for breakfast but I will next time. See you tomorrow at school. Love Gary"

I pick up my clothes in the lounge and take them to the laundry room. I go upstairs and freshen up. I change into sweatpants and some old, oversized shirt. I make myself breakfast and eat in front of the tv.

Once I was done, I washed my dishes from last night and went to check on the room being renovated. The guys locked it. I guess I'm not allowed in there.

I scroll through my instagram on my phone. I see Cody is already posting pictures with his "baby mama". Its not fair. He loved me or at least I think he did buh he leaves me for his dad mistake. Ugh fuck it, I'm moving on from that.

I spend the rest of my Sunday just lazying about. I had nothing to do and no one to call.

--------------
--------------
Next day

I walk into the school and walk straight to my locker. I grab books for my first class. I walk to English. Just As I sat down the bell rang and the class started getting full.

"Hey Hailey" Amy says leaning in for a hug

"Hi" I just say and she wraps her arms around me. She looks away from me.

"I'm sorry Amy, I'm just not in the mood"

"Oh Hailey its okay. I get it"

"Thanks"

"Buh I don't understand why yuu still hate me so much"

"Amy I don't hate yuu"

"Yes yuu do. I know Evan was yuur best friend or something buh yuu need to stop blaming me for wuhever yuu guys had failing"

"Who said I blame yuu for that?"

"Yuu don't have to say it, I can see it. Look I like Evan and I won't apologise for that. Hailey yuu'll just have to suck it up and get used to the fact that we are together."

"I'm just feeling sorry for yuu" I say laughing out loud. The teacher shoots me a warning look and I stop laughing. I turn away from Amy and write the work I've missed because of practice.

--------------
--------------
At Lunch

I join my friends at our usual table. Today Bianca was sitting with us. Maybe Zach invited her to sit with us. "Hey guys" I say sitting at my usual seat next to Emily. They greet me back.

"Wuhs for lunch?" Cody says to me

"Water dear"

"When are yuu stopping this water diet of yuurz?" Emily asks

"I'm not stopping because I eat a lot of junk at home"

"So wuhs the point of the diet?" Amy asks

"I won't answer that. Would ya'll please stop interrogating me" I say handing Cody a bag of Dorritos

"Thank yuu" he rips it open and starts eating them violently. I give him a disgusted look. My phone beeps. I take out and it's a text from mommy.

"I'm sorry baby. I will be here a week more. The research we're doing aren't done yet. I will probably be back by next Wednesday. I sent you more money and Remember mommy loves you"

I nearly break in tears after reading that. I do miss my mom so much. Buh I won't let that stop me from making the best of this week.

"Earth to Hailey" Kaitlyn says

"Huh?"

"The bell rang,  lets go"

I get up from my seat and make my way to my locker. I put away all my things and go to gym class.

--------------
--------------

"Hailey could yuu stay behind please" Gary said when the bell rang for after school

I stay seated. Evan gives me a confusing look and walks out the class. Gary closes the door behind him. I walk over to his table.

"Wanna hang out" he asks

"Oh no, I got tons of homework and work to catch up on"

"I understand" he perks me on the cheek

I grab my bag and walk out. Donrick was allowed back in school. Which sucked for me, I definitely didn't wanna see him again. Girls were crowded around him. He is still famous. I half ran to my car and I was stopped. "Hailey!"

I continued walking not looking back. The person grabbed my arm. "Wuh!!!" I turned around

"I see yuu are still angry" Donrick said with a huge smile on his face

"I'm not angry at anything or anyone" He pulled me into a hug and the girls sighed then walked away. I hugged him back then pulled away.

"So yuu wanna hang sometime?"

"Uh I don't know"

"Oh come on I've changed"

"Fine". He takes out a pen and writes on my arm his new numbers. I smile at him and walk away.