Chapter 46

The next day

I walk into maths class and sit at my usual table. "Good Morning"

"Morning Mr.Truman" we all say in unison.

"I don't really feel like teaching so Just keep yuurselves busy and don't make a noise please"

"Yes!!!" Some say jumping up and everyone takes out their phones. He shoots me a look and I knew I had to go over to him. I pack my books neatly and as I was about to get up I feel a hand on mine. I look down and find Evan staring at me.

"Wuhs up Evan?"

"Uhm can we talk?"

"Can it wait? I really need to speak to Mr.Truman"

"Uhm sure" he lets go of me and walk to Gary. I stand on the other side of the table so no one would be suspicious of us. He waves his hand towards him, telling me to come over to his side.

I stand next to him. He gets up and leads me out of the class.

"Who else knows?"

"Wuh do yuu mean?"

"I heard some teachers talking about teachers who are in relationships with their students"

"So wuhs that got to do with us?"

"Hailey if Cody says anything about us, yuu are to blame"

"Wuh??"

"Yuu heard me"

He walks back into the class and I walk in right after him. I go straight to my table. "Yuu wannet to talk Evan?"

"Uhm yeah. Uhhh I'm sorry for everything that has happened between us and truth is I miss yuu a lot. I miss my best friend whom I could talk to everyday and have fun with. I'm sorry I chose other things over yuu"

"Evan..."

"No Hailey lemme finish. I know yuu probably moved on with yuur life and yuu have found a way to live without me buh I still need yuu. I know I might be yuur least favourite person right now buh I hope yuu'd forgive me and we can pick up where we left off as friends"

"Now are yuu done?" He nods "Evan yeah I forgive yuu man and we can be friends again"

He leans in for a hug and I hug him back. I look to where Gary was and he was staring at us. I gently push Evan away. The bell rings for lunch. I take my stuff and walk out quickly avoiding Gary.

------------
------------

It's 2pm so I decide to call my mom, its maybe 8pm in South Africa. I try her phone and she doesn't pick up. I give up. "Order 234" I walk to the counter and fetch my pizza. I grab it and walk to my car. My phone beeps.

"Hailey, may yuu please come visit me!!! Please Please!!!"

"Okay."

I drive to Donrick's house. I breathe deeply in and out before I ring the bell. The door opens immediately, standing in front of me is a guy who looks just like Donrick buh just taller. He smiles and shows me in. I walk in and wait for him to tell me where to go.

"Donrick went out to grab some snacks and drinks, yuu can wait for him the lounge"

"Okay" I go to the lounge and sit down. I take out my phone and play on it.

"I'm Richard by the way. Donrick's brother"

"Hailey. Nice to meet yuu"

"Yeah. He must really like yuu, never lets me meet his girlfriend's"

"Oh no I'm not his girlfriend"

"Oh he proposed already"

"Wuh no, we are not in a relationship or anything of that sort"

"Oh I see I'm sorry" I nod and look down at my phone. "Has anyone told yuu, yuu are beautiful?"

"Yeah buh thanks"

"Pleasure. I got some work to do"

"Sure okay" He walks away and I go back to my phone. 5 minutes later Donrick comes in. "Yo Rich where is Hailey?"

"I'm right here" I shout from the lounge. He walks to me. He picks up into a hug "Ey girl"

"Hi and put me back down please"

"Oh sorry" he puts me down and switches on the music. "I missed yuu for real girl"

"Yeah I can tell. So wuhs up? Y am I here??"

"I just wanna hang yuu know"

"On a Wednesday"

"Yeah when does one chill"

"On weekends duh"

"Wuhever"

We sit and talk. It was getting late and I needed to get home. He walks me to my car, we hug and I drive home.

****************
****************