Chapter Three

"You are the best, uncle Marcus!" I heard Noah said behind me.
Marcus had come early to have breakfast with us before She went to school. He also wanted to know how I felt after bumping into Nolan last night at a coffee shop.
"Noah, finish your breakfast. You are going to be late" I said taking another sip of my coffee.
"Yes, mommy" I smiled at her and then looked at Marcus who was still looking at me with curiosity in his eyes.

"I'm done mommy!" Noah said with a big smile.
"Go get your backpack" I said while taking her plate from the kitchen table.
"I still can't believe this" Marcus said once Noah left the room.
"I thought that I was going mad when I saw him" I said as the images from the night before played in my mind like a movie.
"Noah is still meeting him today right ?"
"Of course. Everything is set up bug he won't know she is mine. Right ?"
"Yeah, I didn't mention your name or anything" Marcus said after thinking for a couple of seconds.
"Well you are picking her up from school and driving her to the ballpark right ?" I asked when I hear Noah's foot steps coming down the hallway.
"Yes, I'll have her with me at one of the team's suites if you want to come by at any moment"
"Yeah, I definitely will. She'll be talking about this for weeks" I said remembering how excited my daughter was to meet a baseball player.
I couldn't help it but feel guilty when The thought of Noah finding out that Nolan was her dad hit me.
"I'm ready to go!!" Noah was singing.
"Already! I guess it's time to go." Marcus stand up and took Noah's lunchbox from the kitchen counter.
"Come here and give me a kiss." I said to my daughter.
She ran to me and I got down to her level.
"Be good today. Both at school and the ballpark." I said giving her my mommy look.
"I'm always good mommy" She said in a dramatic tone of voice.
"I know baby, just a reminder. Be good to uncle Marcus. I love you." I said kissing the top of her head.
" I love you too mommy"
"Let's go Noah!" I heard Marcus said from the other side of the kitchen.
We started to walk outside of the house.
"Thanks for doing this, I own you one" I said while playfully punching Marcus's arm.
"Yeah, I'll add it up to the list." He joked.
"Mommy are you meeting Nolan Arenado too?" Noah asked before running towards Marcus.
"No, I don't think so. You say Hi for me would you ?" I said trying to sound as casual as possible.
"Of course, bye now" She said running to Marcus who had the back door of his car open waiting for Noah.
"Call if you have a change of heart." He said before getting inside  his car and driving away.
Marcus had come early and the first thing he'd said was that maybe me bumping into Nolan last night was just some kind of powerful being telling me that maybe this was my chance to make things right and finally come clean to Nolan. But just the thought of it made my stomach sick and my heart skip a beat.
Marcus taking Noah to school gave me some time for myself and trying to get my mind right before I had to go to work today.
The Red Sox wanted new promotions and videos for the players and I honestly had a lot of ideas but my mind kept drifting back to Nolan and how handsome he looked.
His eyes my daughter's eyes that kept looking at me every single day. Now that I've seen them again I just couldn't believe how much Noah looked like him.
Maybe that's the reason why I haven't been able to forget about him and all the ways he made me feel.
Scott was a good guy and all but just seen Nolan had brought back all the memories and just remembering the way it felt to just be hold by him was making me re think all my life choices after I walked out on him.

I walked into my office at about 3:30 in the afternoon.
My heart was already acting up because I knew that in about twenty minutes Noah would be meeting Nolan.
I kept telling myself that they didn't know about each other and that it would be just the normal fan and player interaction.
Noah knows the drill she meets players all the time and there is never casualties.
There is no reason why this time should be any different.

•••••
I was finishing the program of the upcoming meeting to talk about the new marketing strategies for the team, until my thoughts were interrupted when I heard a noise it sounded like some people where fighting outside of my office.