Chapter Ten

Three Years Later 

I heard the door bell ring and made my way through the living room.

"Hello!" I saw my best friend Kate standing on my front door. Nolan had sign with the Miami Marlins during the free agency, we now lived in Miami during the season and mostly go to California during the off season. Kate's brother Giancarlo Stanton and her husband Christian Yelich were now Nolan's teammates.

Kate and I had been friends since high school, Nolan and Christian knew each other because they used to play travel ball when they were younger so when they became teammates I was so happy because Kate was going to be around. 

"Where is my niece?" Kate asked walking in.

"Yes, I'm good. Thank you" I joked.

"I brought her something" She said holding a little bag in front of her.

"What is it?' I asked curiously.

"You'll see it when she opens it"  Kate said rolling her eyes playfully.

"Aunt, Kate!" Noah came running to wards her.

"Hi, honey!" Kate sat down on the coach to be at Noah's level.

"Where is uncle Christian?" she asked looking around.

"Really Noah?, aren't you gonna kiss me first" Kate said with  faked annoyance.

Noah kissed her and hugged her.

"Look I got you this!" Kate pulled out a cute little pajama  from the little gift bag.

"Oh, thanks!"

"You like them?" 

"Yes!" 

"Good, because you'll be using it this weekend" I gave Kate a look because I didn't really know what she meant.

"Are you girls planning parties without me already?"  

"No, exactly but your husband, asked if Noah could stay with us for the weekend because you two are going away"  I was a little surprise to find that out because I didn't know about the plans.

"Oh, really?. Nolan hasn't mention anything" 

"About what?" Nolan came into the room.

"About us going away during the weekend" I said more like a question.

"Oh, that! yeah we are going away for the weekend" Nolan said with a heart breaker smile as he made his way towards me. He tried to hug me but I stepped away and crossed my arms.

"Oh, come on, baby! I get you a little vacation and you get mad at me?" Nolan said placing his arms around my waist.

"Nolan, You can't just book a trip for the weekend and not tell me about it!"

"I meant to tell you I swear" He was kissing the top of my head. I was trying really hard to act like I was mad but it was a hard thing to do while back was against his chest and he kept on kissing me.

"We are going to pack Noah's things" Kate said quickly taking Noah to her room.

"Oh, come on baby is going to be fun, it's the last bit of vacations that well have until the season starts again."

"I guess you are right" 

"You are lucky that I can make it work with my job, because if no-" Nolan cut me off with a kiss.