Chapter One

Here is the first chapter of this story! I want to a apologize in advance because I mostly write in my phone so there may be some typos. I do my best to fix then as we go. I hope you enjoy this story and leave a lot of comments! xoxo

Four Years Later

I woke up just before my alarm set off. I normally wake up at the sound of it but lately I haven't be able to sleep well, I want to tell myself that I don't know what is keeping me up at night but I well know what it's. The second half of the baseball season is about to start and this year hold a big amount of worries for me.

Four years ago I left California and moved to Boston I did it for many reasons, I got a good job as marketing director for the Boston Red Sox. The paid was good it was far enough from California and I knew that Nolan wasn't going to play them because they were from the American league. One would think that is kind of ironic that I'm running away from a baseball player yet I decided to work in the baseball industry. Well there was another reason. I was pregnant and they offered full healthcare and maternity leave.

When I found that I was pregnant I was really excited, but then it hit me Nolan had just made his Major League debut and he was quickly becoming one of the most promising players in the game. The thought of bringing a child into all of that was unbearable to me. Nolan was never going to be there when I needed him and the thought of that would've made him go crazy, that could end up messing with his head and setting him up to fail.

Many people may not agree with my decision but I did what I had to do. I loved Nolan so much, I still do and the last thing I wanted was for him to have a life full of regrets and what ifs, so when I got a call back from the Red Sox organization I just moved away.

I walked over to my daughter's room she was still sleeping. Her beautiful black hair was all over the pillow and I could see her sweet face as she rested peacefully.

Walking away from Nolan was the most painful thing I have ever done but having my little baby by my side as a constant reminder or my undying love for him makes it a little better.

I walked over to her window and put up the shades to let the sun shine in.

"Good Morning, Sweet face!" I said walking towards her bed. Noah started to move around in her bed.

"Come on, baby! You gotta get up" I said half laughing as I watched her put her head under the pillow.

"I don't want to mama!"

"Noah, let's go" I said laying next to her.

"No!"

"Okay, so I'm gonna have to ATTACK!" I said as I began to tickle her. She started to laugh and sat down laughing.

"Stop, mama, stop" Noah kept laughing.

"Okay, so let's brush our teeth and get ready we have to go!"

***

"Mama?" I hear Noah's voice behind me as I was putting her pancakes on a plate.

"Yes, baby?"

"Can I get a baseball jersey?" I turn to my daughter and put her pancakes on the table. I walked back towards the coffee machine to refill my mug.

"But, you have a lot of baseball jerseys, baby" I tell Noah as I add some sugar to my coffee.

"Yes mom, but they all are Red Sox ones" Noah said while eating a piece of her pancakes.

"Well, Noah. Mama work for the Red Sox" I said taking a seat in front of her.

"I know, but my favorite player doesn't play for the red sox" So my little daughter that is just about to turn four and whom I still have to cut the pancakes for is already rooting for other team.