i.

Dasvidaniya
Victor

It feels like ages since I first ever thought about ice skating. I remember watching her glide on the cold surface, the metal scraping with every turn.

The sigts and sounds were like an alluring song. It told a story, her story.

That's when I decided to confront her. Anastasia was her name. One year younger than myself and already competing.

As we grew older Ana and I became closer. She gave me tips on my technique when I was starting out. Once she mocked me for having such a feminine form.

But as the years passed we drifted apart. Finally one morning I saw in the news that she had injured herself at the qualifiers for the Grand Prix Finals. Ana left Russia and we never spoke again.

Until this season. It was my Grand Prix Finals. I remember making my way through the hoardes of flashing cameras and fans when I saw her. Ana's hair was longer but she still looked the same.

She was wearing a skating uniform, violet and blue fabric hugged her body. Our eyes met for a split second, but that was all.

Moments rushed by and I found myself running back after her towards the rink. Ana was already on the ice, shimmering in the spotlight.

The women's competitions, normally filled with fans, was practically a ghosttown.

A violin echoed in the room. On the ice, Ana held a white instrument with gold trimmings; her signature trump card.

Anastasia was unique in the way that she could not only figure skate like a goddess, but be able to flawlessly compose her own music as she performed.

Such uniqueness was the reason I fell in love with her at first sight.