ii.

Reunion
Victor

I was honestly nervous to approach her after she performed. Her smile was bright even though there was nobody there to acknowledge it.

But when I walked up to her sitting on that bench, she showed me that same grin.

"Victor! It's been a while." She beamed standing up and wrapping her arms around me.

"You got so tall!!"

"You haven't really changed at all." I laughed relaxing at her calmness.

She tied her hair up and slid her skates into her bag. Sewn onto the side of it was a flag I recognized.

"They say there's something in the water over in America. Maybe they found the fountain of youth." She teased. I nodded smiling.

"I'm sorry I haven't tried to get in contact with you over the past years."

She narrowed her eyes at me scrutinizingly.

"Victor Nikiforov! You always do that. Sobbing over the slightest things. So what we parted ways. You've made quite the name for yourself on your own. You didn't need me babysitting you."

I sighed leaning against the lockers. Seeing her again made me sentimental, her scent was nostalgic, reminding me of when we were younger. It was an easier time back then.

"Are you going back to America after the results are posted?" I asked. She played with the tips of her hair with an expression of pure thought.

"I was actually thinking of visiting my family back in Russia, but I had a falling out with them earlier. Perhaps that wouldn't be the best idea."

Applause erupted back in the performance area. On the ice was one of the youngest skaters in Ana's bracket. Freya Miles, a skater from England. She was probably Ana's only real competition recently. They've been hundredths of a point away from eachother in the qualifiers.

"You know, your shine hasn't dulled a single bit." I muttered. Anastasia smiled glancing down at the floor.

"Thank you Victor."