Chapter Three-Part Two

"Life has dignity and no value nor ideology is more important than dignity."

(Kang Mo Yeon)

   The guard watched pathetically as Yeung Joon got up, and like a lost soul, walked away from him. However, after a few feet away, he called, and Yeung Joon stopped dead in his tracks. He didn't turn around though.  "You know, you just have to open your heart. That's simple. Take my advice, cowboy-don't let that memory linger in your head anymore. Your father's sorry, and he wants to make up for his mistakes. He just wants to spend some time with you. He loves you." 

   Yeung Joon was silent, but it wasn't long until he scoffed. "He loves me?" He chuckled. "He's sorry? Tell that to my eomma. Let's see whether she forgives him." Finally, he walked off, leaving the guard to enjoy his drink.

*****

   Yoon Mi had witnessed the entire incident from her seat three tables away, and she could tell that he was in distress. The look on his face told everything, and from the way he looked, she sensed that the bang on the table he did wasn't intentional-instead, it was full of anger that was waiting to be released.

   The man in dark suit simply sat cozily in his chair, unperturbed by the man's distressed behaviour. Some moments later, the man got up and left the food court.

   Strange. What happened to this two?

   A slap on her hand shook her up from her reverie, and in an instant, she glanced at her good friend sitting in front of her.

   "Mwohaneungoya? Eat up. Your food's getting cold." Min Young gestured to the food on Yoon Mi's plate.

   Without saying a word, she nodded her head sheepishly and continued to consume her lunch. She tried to forget that event that occurred minutes ago, but somehow, her mind wouldn't follow. Her mind kept on rewinding the only line her ears managed to catch like a song in a repeat mode.

   He loves me? He's sorry? Tell that to my eomma. Let's see whether she forgives him.

   Yoon Mi rested her chin on her hand as she tried to figure put what the guy in blue shirt and black trousers was talking about. She stopped eating, and began to work out her assumptions. "Min Young-nim.." She called out, tapping Min Young's hand repeatedly and in a fast pace at the same time.

   The tapping disrupted Min Young's meal. Irritated, Min Young gave Yoon Mi an angry stare. "Mwohaneungoya?! Can't you see that I'm trying to swallow?!" She cried out.

   "Oh, mianhaeyo!" She apologised sheepishly. "Geunde, what do you think that guy was trying to say? He looked a little bit lost to me." Yoon Mi described, looking at escalator a few distance away just to see whether the man would return. She knew that it was a mere zero chance the man would return, but she kept on looking though.

   "What are you talking about? Which guy? That guy just now? Park Yeung Joon? Aish, just eat your food, Yoon Mi, instead of bothering other people's businesses. Besides, that man looks bad." Min Young spoke as she resumed eating. "You better eat up. We still have a lot of things to shop today." She reminded when she realised that Yoon Mi wasn't eating.

   Yoon Mi didn't budge at all. Her mind was still preoccupied with that matter. Then, something in her mind reawakened and stirred her back to reality.

   Ah, why do I have to bother about him? Min Young's right. I shouldn't mingle into someone else's matters.

   Regaining her senses, she picked up the utensils and resumed to eat her food.