Other Direction

Soon I knew them all. There was Liam and Louis, Niall, a cute blonde boy with blue eyes and a little gap between his front teeth and the cutest Irish accent I had ever heard. Zayn, with his dark hair jelled upwards and mesmerizing deep brown eyes, I held his gaze as he dipped his head to kiss my hand, not taking his eyes off my face. And then there was Harry, with his dark brown long, curly hair, green eyes, and slightly disturbing sense of humor.

  We were mucking around and being loud when an announcement came over the speakers, calling our flight. My Dad and I walked behind, while the 5 boys ran ahead, pushing eachother around and generally acting like the idiots that boys are. We reached the Departure Gate and walked onto the aircraft. The boys got held up with their luggage so we said our goodbyes and boarded the plane. I sat in my seat with my Dad in front and an empty seat next to me. I would miss the boys, even though I had only known them for about an hour. Oh well, it gave me something to look forward to in London. Like I said before, maybe they weren’t all pasty weirdo’s.

 I had a heart attack as someone slid into the seat next to mine and put one arm around my shoulders and the other over my eyes so I couldn’t see.

 “Guess who,” Louis’ voice whispered in my ear, making shivers run down my spine. I giggled.

 “I guess Louis,” I smiled, peeling through his fingers and seeing his familiar red pants in the seat next to me. I looked out the window and Liam and Zayn jumped into the seats behind us, with Harry and Niall behind them. The plane was already taxying towards the runway.

LOUIS’ P.O.V.

  We got a bit held up with the tickets as Harry thought it was cool to drop everything on the floor when we were queuing to board, including my secret stash of carrots. A mean-looking guard who strictly told me that food wasn’t to be taken on board in carry-one baggage confiscated them. I took childish delight in poking my tongue out at him as we finally cleared the Departure Gate.  It was a surprise flight so there were no crazy fans hanging around or anything. Still, I didn’t know how Simone hadn’t heard of us, I mean, fame wasn’t getting to my head or anything, but there weren’t many people who didn’t know our names. I wasn’t sad to see Simone go. I had a gut feeling I would see her again, and I never ignore my gut feeling.

 We walked to our seats at the back of the plane, and sure enough, there was Simone. Staring out the window, in the seat next to my allocated one. I put my arm around her shoulders and covered her eyes with my other hand. “Guess who,” I whispered in her ear, and was delighted to feel her shiver in my arms.

 “I guess Louis,” she giggled.

 I took my hand off her eyes as Liam and Zayn passed. Liam winked at me, but Zayn just stared at me coldly as they jumped into the seats behind us. Harry and Niall grinned broadly at me as the sat behind Zayn and Liam.

ZAYN’S P.O.V

I just couldn’t stop looking at Simone. Her silky black hair fell around her shoulders, and her eyes seemed full of laughter, makes you happy when she looks at you. Aren’t I poetic?

 Not that she looked at me much. Possibly once when we first met. She held my gaze as I kissed her hand, playing up the gentleman act. From then on her eyes were focused solely on Louis. With the occasional Liam as he politely butted in with a comment. Only Liam could politely butt into a conversation. Oh Liam. But there was just something about Simone that made me want her, more than all the other screaming fans on the Australia Tour. There were plenty of fit girls in Australia, but unlike Harry – who seemed to take pleasure in randomly snogging fans when he got bored - I held off, telling myself that one day I would find the one. Well I have. The only problem was that she was obsessed with one of my best mates.