Chapter 18

When Atsuko got home later on, we all sat down together, although, it was getting late.
"I know somewhere where we can gt a nice view, do you want to go?" Asked Atsuko.
The twins nodded.
"Let's go then!" I said.
She took us to the beach. It was empty and quiet. The sun was just over the sea. The sand dry. I was carrying Takuto and Kazuki. They were still trying to fight even while I was holding them. We sat and stared into the sunset. Well, what was left of it.
"Father, a while before we were born you were I'll right?" Asked Kazuki.
"Yeah" I replied.
"Do you still have it?" He asked.
"I don't know. Why?"
"We might have cured you by being born" he replied.
"Maybe" I said.
"Nerd" Takuto said to Kazuki.
"Your brother is not a nerd" said Atsuko.

We began to walk back, the city was rather busy, for night anyway. One part was busy,the other was very quiet. We took the quiet way, bad influences were out at night. We were walking down a path when suddenly a guy jumped out at us. He was holding a bloody knife. Out of instinct, I pushed Takuto and Kazuki back and blocked him from them. No one was around to help us either, so I had to fight him if he done anything.
"We're not asking for trouble" I said.
"I don't wish to fight you. Please let us g-" I begun to say.
He stabbed me in the stomach, exactly were my old wound was.
"Father!" Takuto shouted.
Kazuki and Atsuko were stood shaking.
"Do what you want to me....... but don't. .......hurt them!" I shouted.
I grabbed a piece of glass and stabbed him in the neck. I knew, protecting them would come with a price. I was willing to pay it. No matter what it was. Even if it meaned never seeing them again.
"I gotta say, that felt good...." I whispered to myself.
"I c-can't believe it....." said Atsuko.
"Why......why in front of them?!" She shouted.

"I was protecting you. It comes with a cost" I replied.
She was crying now.
"J-just, don't even think for a second that you're coming in the house! How do I know that you won't do that again? Y-you monster!" She shouted.
"Monster.....?"I whispered.
She ran off, grabbing the twins and disappearing out of sight. The last thing I saw of them was Takuto, he was looking at me, but not angry of scared. He was crying, shouting of me.